Weak And Fatigue ?

I feel that way A LOT!!!!! I keep telling my doc that I feel like my keens are going to give out and I feel like I can't walk up stairs well sometimes too or just walk far distances period.

When I saw the neuro, after he did my neuro exam he said that he wasn't discounting my symptom of weakness al all but my muscles themselves weren't weak. I don't know what causes it but I hate it!

Yes it can. I wish that doctors could explain why. My personal theory is that it has something to do with weak nerve signals. The signals are just not getting to the brain and you can't get your body to do what it needs to do. It's very frustrating to my son at this time. He is still working with a physcial therapist and still cannot walk since he had the flu in January. He can stand up but he shakes from waist down. His leg muscles are strong and he can ride a stationary bike. He also complains on cold days that his legs and arms hurt more. So I guess you can't rule the weather out either for this weakness to show up.

It seems to be a very common pots thing, ust not somthing agnowlege by the docs. It was somthing i experiensed very early on. Not everyday but at times. As i got older it got stronger. At times a bigg reson for using wheelchair. Now its better, but still present. I can feel strong and Then jelly Nelly legs. Or They ust feel like not conected properly.

Like i can walk normalt, and Then not at all.

I have this too and use the Nintendo Wii to work on my legs. I put the board in front of the tv and use a chair to hold on to (and sit on when needed) and do some exercises. I find it quite fun and I feel that it really benefits my legs. I am a leg pooler so strong legs are really helpful to me.

Count me in. Leg weakness is one of my major symptoms. Even if my HR isn't super high standing, i often have to sit because I feel like my legs will give out under me. I also have days with terrible bone pain in both legs... not muscular pain. My pots neuro says when they BP is low the legs will feel weak, but this doesn't fully explain it for me, as I get it when my vitals seem fine. Definitely something the doctors haven't figured out yet!

Definately a cardinal symptom of POTS - not sure if it relates to cerebral hypoperfusion, or poor blood supply to the muscles, or just reduced blood flow. Its very common though - i find that meds that improve dizziness also improve this symptom. Mestinon is supposed to as well but it didnt help the weakness for me, only all the other symptoms.

I hear D-ribose can help some. Talk to a doc though.

Originally it seemed to be mainly in my legs but the past year seems to be similar in my arms as well. Definitely disturbing but does seem to be a common complaint amongst a lot of POTSies.

Makes you feel like a fraud when you tell the docs though and their neuro exams always come up "normal".

My legs generally feel pretty good/strong. I walk about 45 minutes per day, so maybe that helps. What I get in my legs is a feeling like the earth is falling away from me, like I am on a boat or something - the best way I can describe it. My arms however, feel very fatigued and generally 'weak" when doing any kind of lifting or housework. I hate changing the bed sheets - really hard for me to stretch the fitted sheet over the corners of the mattress, plus I get pre-syncope bending over to do this little chore. I am planning to add some weight lifting to my exercise routine. < I humbly acknowledge that I am fortunate to be able to exercise, as I know many are not. Yes, I do have bad days where I cannot exercise, but the next day I will always try again, mostly successful >

I do have muscle or nerve pain in the leg, but mainly the left. Most of my symptoms occur on this side. It seems to start in the knee area and then go outward.

But back when I was really bad, and occasionally now, my legs will feel really, really heavy. I described it to the doctor that it felt like magnets were in my legs and it felt like I was being pulled to the ground. I just got the look, you know the one, "this chick is crazy" look. LOL