Fainted For First Time + Ct Scan Of My Chest

Had a horrible day today. I stood up, and 15 seconds later I'm out. I went downstairs, let my dogs out, came back up the stairs and I collapsed again (almost fainted by caught myself).

I ended up going to the hospital about 5 hours later not feeling any better. I was really hoping this would push them to admit me for more testing or something. That didn't happen but they did take a CT scan. I had brought a paper with me on Pulmonary Hypertension (which I fit to a T) and I guess he mistook that with Pulmonary Embolism and wanted to check for a blood clot in my lungs (I was short of breath).

Anyways, I had my first CT scan...

Doesn't my heart look big?

http://i.imgur.com/bFUUKgl.jpg?1

Saying you had a rough day would be an understatement. Very sorry. I remember from school a normal heart silhouette should be less than half chest capacity. Wish I could help but I don't know if it is normal or not. I know that doesn't help much. do you have an interpretation by the radiologist of your ct scan of your chest. Or can you get one? Even though they may have been looking for a PE they should have viewed your heart also for any abnormalities. I hope.

If you don't feel any better today or feel faint again can you call your family dr or their on call service to seek direction. Hang in there. Keep us posted.

I was thinking about a BNP. Simple blood test that is 95% accurate in detecting heart failure. Not that you have HF but BNP level could indicate the right side of your heart is stressed from the high PA pressures. If your thinking is pul. Htn. Other test would have to be done to confirm a dx but it is a simple blood test that is an important value.

Hey ryan, im so sorry ur feeling bad. Fainting ***** =( curious...how was ur bp? Heartrate during and after these events? If u were even able to cognitively consider them at the time. Its hard for a leyman like me, to judge if ur heart looks enlarged. Its not strikingly large to my eye. But a better judge would be the blood tests mentioned above for hf. I hope ur doctor gave his opinion so ur not left speculating =( keep us posted. Ur symptoms are so similar to mine in someways im curious what they come up with. Take care and get some rest!

Thanks for the responses. The only thing I really consciously noted was that right before I fainted my heart rate plummeted and felt like it wasn't going to keep up this time (standing). It did not feel like my blood pressure dropped and ironically my face was throbbing with pressure like it usually does.

Then I started coughing right away after getting back up...

I'll have to see if there's a radiologist report that mentioned my heart. The doctor on call just said "no blood clot in your lungs" and that was it. I had gotten multiple chest x-rays in the past that the doctor said my heart was normal sized. SO, tomorrow I will attempt to go back and get hard copies of those then compare. If my heart does look bigger than in the past I will bring that info to my doc and see what he says.

I'm sorry to hear that too- sounds like a horrible day :(. Hope you feel better soon!

Thats what i was thinking Rama. I was diagnosed with auto dysf. /ncs as a toddler and my heart would go from 140 to 35ish and id hit the floor sometime during the change. That starved heart "throbbing" feeling u get is very familiar to me. I get it everytime i change posture and like u they say my heart is fine. Florinef has helped this feeling, not cured it and my arythmias are much worse =p always something. Good luck and keep fighting to get it figured out.

It says, diarehha, stomach cramps, vomiting, nausea, headachae, earache, runny nose, stuffy nose, low blood pressure, high blood pressure, fatigue, drowsiness, muscle cramps, vision disturbance, back pain, arm pain, whole body pain, illusions, attitude change, appetite change, sexual disturbance, can't pee, pee a lot, insomnia, ........... :D

Bananas, your mom is right, that's terrible and yeah we actually feel like that all day!!!

haha, I can't help myself. I always laugh because you take one medication to relieve one symptom but in turn you get a whole bunch more symptoms. it's a pick your poison game.

Seattle..... I hope you're feeling better today!!!