Crumpled But Still Worth It!... A Little Positive Thought For Our Friday :)

cmreber

I came across this on a friend's facebook wall and I couldn't help but think of many people on here. We struggle with so much and sometimes it is too easy to let ourselves get bogged down in all of that. We feel less fun because we can't say yes to going out and having a good time with our friends, we feel guilty because we can't take care of our households like we did before, and if anyone is like me, sometimes, it is very easy to feel a little like we have lost our worth. But the important thing to remember is that we haven't, and we still matter, just as much as we did before. And with that:

***A well-known speaker started off his seminar holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this."

He proceeded to crumple up the $20 bill and then asked, "Who still wants it...?" Still the hands were up in the air. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still, hands went into the air.

"My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We may feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who LOVE you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE. You are special--don't ever forget it."***

~Happy Friday and hope everyone has a good day and weekend! :lol:

:) Very nice...and a great reminder...

It's interesting isn't it? I can look around at those in my life and see that they could never lose their value to me. In fact, I'd be quite upset if I thought one of them didn't feel valuable to me - whatever the circumstance. Like you said though, when you're looking out at the world, weak and battered after being repeatedly pummeled by an imaginary freight train in downtown Potsville, it's tough to remember that the same thing applies to us. {too dramatic ?? ;) }

Thanks for sharing & have a good weekend too!

Glad you guys enjoyed it! I know sometimes reading something inspirational or positive can make my day. :)

And, AllAboutPeace, your description...dramatic, possibly; but sadly, right on most of the time! lol Definitely gives a great visual!!! (I suddenly was reminded for some reason of the train in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, though much less appealing haha)

That was a good read... Thank you for taking the time to post. : )

Glad you guys enjoyed it! I know sometimes reading something inspirational or positive can make my day. :)

And, AllAboutPeace, your description...dramatic, possibly; but sadly, right on most of the time! lol Definitely gives a great visual!!! (I suddenly was reminded for some reason of the train in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, though much less appealing haha)

:lol: Mr. Rogers neighborhood...too funny!

Yes, and we all have our very own special and unique designs :) Glad you enjoyed it!