Tendinitis?

has anyone with dysautonomia had an acute or chronic problem with tendinitis? today i had my second orthopedic appointment in less than 2 weeks and the doctor asked if tendinitis is consistent with dysautonomia/POTS patients....as i was beginning to wonder the same myself. i now have tendinitis in the r. knee, both wrists & forearms and both hips, possibly shoulder (still being evaluated @ PT.) until i'm able to discuss with a POTS medical professional, i thought i would ask the DINET community for their experience. thank you. (diagnosed POTS since 2001 | first major POTS onset in 1998. mild dysautonomia symptoms since childhood.)

Its very mild. infact the doc told me they wouldnt have diagnosed it if I wasnt a male. I had a really bad run with it early and then again in 2007 but since then its been almost dormant other than sometimes before POTS plays up. I had the gene test and it basically made my sacrioliac joints hurt then had a go at the tendons in my shoulders and ankles.

I just had tendonitis in my right arm, which traveled to my shoulder, but after taking Nsaids, which aren't recommended for us, and a muscle relaxant, when it became really bad, I still have slight pain in my elbow, and am unable to lift heavy things now. I had it for about a month...I don't have joint issues or EDS, but am equivocal for scleroderma. I need to do more research on this, but someone said something about it being a chronic problem. Interestingly enough in October, I had Keflex for a UTI, but that's not too recent to be connected; my husband has had some bad cases of it in his shoulder and recently in his leg, but he had been doing some pretty hard labor, building a retaining wall across the front of our home to prevent erosion. We live on the side of the mountain. He doesn't have Dysautonomia, but he does have really bad Psoriasis...autoimmune...hmm :huh:

• 1 month later...

I get tendonitis in my ankles, especially the right one, pretty often for no reason I can see. I don't have EDS but I am hyper mobile.

If I had to guess some POTs pts might be more prone to tendonitis due to being a little more sedentary and deconditioned. So when you do try and move a little or move the wrong way, or repetitively the soft tissue is not as prepared as a typical healthy person. Tendonitis happens to everyone and for lots of reasons....but if I'm thinking of POTS and tendonitis - this would be my guess

• 2 weeks later...

I had a muscle spasm in my neck from yawning just recently, Carrie! My tendonitis in my arm has improved and almost gone, but if I bump the side of my arm, it flares again; which we dysautomaniacs tend to do when we run into doorways :rolleyes: ...lol