Has Anyone Had Mri To State "pineal (Gland) Calcification"?

I was just wandering if anyone has noticed on any MRIs over the years, if any of your records or images state or if the doc pointed out any calcification of the pineal gland?

tennille

Actually, it's not even been discussed with me. I went and got MRIs yesterday dating back to 2006..... and one particular one, while i was under the care of a doctor whom i fired.... she never mentioned it, or discussed it. I have actually sent a message to my doc to pick his brain a bit and see what he might could tell me about that. From what im reading and researching, there is a disease called Pineal Dysfunction.... sounds soooooo much like DYS & POTS and everything we all seem to have in common. Hmmmm....... im def interested in what my doc might have to say..... :)

Thanks sweetie.... I will definitely post anything we can find out. I thought it was really interesting though. :)

~tennille

Yea.... i noticed most stuff I find says it's a 'normal process'.... but even so... would this not be a very important gland? And just theorizing, if it becomes calcified, would it not cause lots of dysfunctions in the body and organ systems? Also, i ran across some research (i'll have to look back at it) about a study on MS patients, that all of them (not sure how many they studied, but hundreds of cases).... all of the MS patients (as in 100% of them) in that study had calcification of the pineal gland, which i also found interesting. I read that the pineal gland is the first organ/gland formed when a baby is forming in the body, also has alot to do with sympathetic processes, etc. I know not much study has been done on the pineal gland. But i have a feeling it plays a vital role and that the calcification of it would have to cause some health issues. Lol.... me and my theories :) Sometimes i have to 'think aloud'.... to try to make sense to myself..... lol :)

The pineal gland has some important functions in small children, but in adults, not so much.

It doesn't suprise me that 100% of MS patients showed calcification since most people with MS are middle aged. If you took any sample of middle aged people and looked at a CT/MRI of their brain you would see calcification of the pineal gland in very close to 100% of them.