Lyrica (Pregablin In The Uk) Anyone Made Worse By It?

rach73

Hi,

I just wondered if any of you can share your experiences with Lyrica or Pregablin as its known in the UK?

I started this medication in January on 25mg once a day. A fortnight ago I started taking 25mg twice a day. Initially for the first couple of days in January I felt like I had consumed one too many gin and tonics and during February noticed that I was having much more trouble sleeping.

Two weeks ago I increased to 25mg twice a day and I can count on one hand how many good (pots good!) nights sleep I have had. My POTS symptoms have gone nuts, I dont know whether thats due to poor sleep as I know that makes me worse or if its the pregablin. Even sitting still my heart is beating out of my chest.

My blood pressure is all over the place literally 72/40 one minute and then 100/60 the next. Its very odd for me. If my bp is low it stays low and doesnt swing so violently.

Im also having (more than normal) blurred vision and odd flashes of light appear a bit like a migraine aura but it lasts seconds and I have no headache.

My short term memory is appalling, in the shower I find I can wash my hair three times without knowing that Ive done it. I ask the same question over and over even though Ive just had the same answer. My husband has the patience of a saint!

Im really irritable - now that could be the lack of sleep. I also have other medical problems going on I am in the middle of a horrendous flare up of my bowel adhesions and I am having difficulty eating due to the pain this is causing. I know when I am in pain I have a very short fuse so again this probably isnt helping.

I want to know if any of you have had the side effects of insomnia, racing heart (much more than you normally would) etc and if these side effects went away? I see my GP on Thursday and Im due to increase the pregablin to 50mg twice a day. If it makes the heart stuff worse Im going to have to knock it on the head.

I am also have my mind racing constantly. When I wake from sleep (I am sleeping fine for about two hours) I am wired and wide awake with my thoughts just wurling through my mind.

I have always been anxious and a worrier but in the last few years Ive regained control. I have no stress that I can think of other than worrying about having an op to get rid of the adhesions but the thoughts that are racing through my head are nothing to do with this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rach

Both have affected me. I am on 2,400-3,600mgs of Gabapentin now and still have problems, but nothing else for the pain. Many side-effects and can often feel worse. If you can do without then do so. Now on beta-blocker and that has calmed BP etc and good for anxiety.

Thanks for your replies.

Ive tried gabapentin and was even worse on that. Amiltriptyline is causing me bladder problems. Its a nightmare as I need something for neuropathic pain otherwise my left leg is constantly on fire and at night cant have anything touching it. I see my GP on Thursday so I will discuss it with him then.

Thanks

Rach