Memory Loss

I have huge issues with memory, not short term but long term. I dont remember huge chunks of time. Years of my life are just erased. I hear stories from friends "remember the time we did this ? Etc..." Or just basically my whole child hood and even twenties is spotty. I have very few memories. Does anyone else have this problem? Im only 31 and its really concerning hearing about things that seem completely fictional to me. My short term however is spot on and overly meticulous. Just curious is anyone has issue with this..thx =)

I have terrible long term memory. I don't remember names of most of my teachers. I too have memories told to me and I have no idea. I have always told my husband that I don't remember most of my childhood. I remember bits and pieces, but not a lot. I also have really good short term memory, well it is worse since this illness, but still pretty good.

I have good long term memory, but bad recall. This means that I have trouble remembering the past, but can remember it normally if someone provides me with enough details. I couldnt tell you what I did yesterday at work, or what I eat today for lunch, but would remember with enough hints.

I have terrible long term memory problems. My husband can remember every detail of every thing. Not me. I have huge chunks of my life that are blank. I truly understand your frustration when people say, "don't you remember"! Sometimes I worry if I have repressed things, or is it this illness?

I have long term memory problems too, but short term memory is also a mess and causes more problems in my daily life. Just one example - I'll be in a livingroom and think of something I need to do or get in the kitchen, get to the kitchen and forget why I'm there. I'll stand there for a minute or more trying to remember why I'm there and sometimes it comes to me, but sometimes it's just lost. Anyone else?

For me the long term memories are just gone. No amount of reminding me of them helps. As far as short term memory loss, I chalk up to the Brain fog. Because not only do I forget what I may be doing, but things like speech, breathing, ect are involved.

And yes SnowDrifter it it very frustrating.

I do have lots of brain fog and general day to day forgetfulness but it returns when im not as symptomatic, however my long term is gone too. Like things never happened. Someone can show me a picture of me and i still wont remember the event. Any of u with long term memory issues had autonaumic dysfunction since childhood?

Maybe there is something to this? I went to a store and got one of those electronic cigarette things (which, by the way, they come in a bunch of flavors). I figured that will give me a slight bit more control over gum or patches.

Low dose - it seems to help a bit. At higher doses though, it seems to exacerbate the brain fog. The mist they give off is a bit irritating to the throat, but that passes in a few minutes.

Going to keep playing with things a bit.