Inflammation And Autoimmune

Angela

This is all quite interesting - I have asked a few doctors to test estrogen / testosterone balance (I've had testosterone checked and it was OK). They all look at me like I'm crazy - so far, no luck getting some actual numbers to ponder over.

For any Simpsons fans, I'm seriously wishing I could find a Dr. Nick - at least I could be convincing enough to get whatever tests/meds I'd like to explore. I should consider myself lucky, since my primary does order most of what I ask about, and she knows enough to at least put me at ease to WHY something isn't worth exploring. I don't always agree, but could be worse.

Gut bacteria can cause estrogen dominance, so ..... well, this just goes back to my post on fecal transplant and bacterial modulation of the immune system. Guess if I end up trying it someday I will make sure to ask for a male donor, as that would confer more protection against autoimmune things...

Rama and Issie...I find it interesting that most with this illness have some sort of connective tissue disorders, as well, autoimmune and inherited. My ANS doctor told me that I could stay at that level, and be fine, but I'm at 115, and 120 is positive, so they need to keep an eye on it, because systemic scleroderma isn't good, which is what this test was for... SLE-70. I'm trying to just live my life the best I can, and not spend my whole life in the doctor's office...lol :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...