What Is Safe To Take For Cough? Scared To Take Hydromet

sisblostg

I have a chronic sinus infection for months. I started a round of antibodics last monday and it feels like a faucet was turned on running constantly down the back of my throat. At night I can't sleep because it feels like Im choking because of the dripping. My sinuses feel open and lighter(well way less pressure like a weight is off my forehead) which is good but the coughing is causing pain now. Im already in pain from EDS and now the coughing related pain is driving me nuts. My doctor took 3 days to get back to me (I really dont think he cares at all & would rather not have a POTS patient). His nurse left a message that he would send a script in for me. When I went to the pharmacy, the pharmacist knows me as the girl that can't stand in line evry long with the fast heart rate. He handed me a bottle of Hydromet, and commented about a side effect of causing rapid heart rates. I'm usually leary of new meds, but when the pharmacist warns of fast hearts rates (and questioned why the dr choose this) I don't think I even want to try. MY BP is running about 20 higher(150/90) then normal and my pulse 10-15 higher then normal. I'm looking for something to either help stop the drip or the cough. Sure I would love a good night sleep but I do not want any surprises so Ill settle for the drip or cough being gone. My doctor only works M-W so I cant even try and call till next week and ask his reasoning.

My son has POTS and a vocal tic. The doctor told as to get Delsym it's over the counter. He took this when he had the nasty flu with the cough

i didnt take the hydromet last night and coughed in pain till 4am. I actually got to talk to my dr's MA(which was a shock she called about blood work) and she said he was going to call in the his go-to- cough syrup and he carefully choose hydromet for me because of OI. I said that this has atropine which causes rapid heart rates and she said the dr is always looking out for you, don't trust the pharmacist.

I think Im going to have hubby pick up some kiddie strength cough OTC cough syrup.

Good for you. Play it safe. I use a Walgreens Pharmacy. If you use the same pharmacy everytime, they usually keep track of your meds. and tell you if there might be a problem. Hope you feel better soon. Sometimes hot tea with honey will also help a cough.