Pretty Compression Stockings?

london

I've recently discovered the wonders of compression stockings! I was considering bumping up my dosage of verapamil and midodrine until I scored these beauties!

www.amazon.com/Thigh-Compression-Stockings-Medium-Closed/dp/B003Y5YKV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359295946&sr=8-1&keywords=thigh+compression+stockings

I would think they would be uncomfortable or I would constantly be aware of them, but this is the first time ever I have been totally unaware of my legs. I guess I never noticed how much the blood pooling iin my legs caused them to swell, ache, and affect my pulse. I don't take them off until I am in bed about to go to sleep and I put them on before I get out of bed in the morning.

I have these, which look like leggings under shirts and shorts. They go all the way up my legs (I'm very short) and I can wear them under the shortest skirts and shorts :) I want some pretty ones as well. I;m going to buy some sheer black ones next to wear with dressier clothes, but I want some "fun" ones as well, if they exist! Do they make any 20-30mmhg or 30-40mmhg in patterns, tube sock design, white, hot pink/ purple, ect? If so, care to share a link? I've looked everywhere but I can only find beige or black :\ Also, I want some under 30$ or so, my insurance doesn't cover them and I am a broke college kid!

Can you all tell me what symptoms of yours the compression stockings help? I have a pair, and tried them last year and just felt weirder with them on.

Do they help increase bp? Decrease tachy? Headaches,nausea, fatigue, OI?

Maybe I would try again but not sure what the benefits can be.

I just started wearing them again and am also looking for other colors. Was going to ask the same question for place to find them. Thanks for posting site "I hate bananas".

Can you all tell me what symptoms of yours the compression stockings help? I have a pair, and tried them last year and just felt weirder with them on.

Do they help increase bp? Decrease tachy? Headaches,nausea, fatigue, OI?

Maybe I would try again but not sure what the benefits can be.

Compression stockings prevent blood from pooling in the legs, which is a major problem in POTS. By keeping the blood out of your legs (by increasing circulation, not cutting off supply) more blood gets to the heart and brain and helps pretty much every symptom of POTS. For me, it increases my blood pressure, deacreases tachy, dreacreasing pretty much every symptom of POTS because this blood pooling is one of the main culprits of POTS symptoms. It has made a huge difference in my life! Also, make sure you get either compression pantyhose or thigh-highs as knee socks do nothing for POTS. The blood just ends up pooling in your thighs instead of the calves. Personally, I can't stand pantyhose so I get thigh-highs.