Lyrica Vs. Cymbalta As Preventatives For Migraine W Pots

Charlotte1

I have been told by my pharmacist and primary doctor that I am taking too many migraine abortives ( (12- 14/ Maxalt/mth) and must start a prophylactic. Beta blockers are not possible b/c I have low blood pressure and am bradycardic at night.

Lyrica and Cymbalta are 2 meds that have been suggested but b/c I often react to drugs so strongly (don't we all on this forum?), I'd first like to hear some testimonials. Can anyone tell me about their success/failures with prophylactic migraine medicine, especially if the migraine/headaches are related to POTS.

I need help. Thanks...

My son has taken both of these meds. Cymbalta made his heart race and Lyrica did nothing for nerve pain or headache. Hope they work better for you if you decide to try one.

Haven't used these for migraine prophylactic. But I tried Topamax and that was horrible and made my POTS so much worse I ended up bedridden. Then we tried Depakote and I've had very good success with it. No side effects other than weight gain and I went from 5-7 migraines a week to 1-2 a week which is a vast improvement. I still use maxalt for my break through migraines.