Looking For Stay At Home Job

bustersacc11

I have been researching for a stay at home job for some time. I was an RN for 15 years. Out of work for the past 4 years. I am very cautious about some of these websites that offer stay at home work. Read more articles about how they are scams.

Anyone had any luck with finding work from home?

Or any suggestions of honest sites that can be of service?

Wish I could help... I work from home, but my husband and I have a home office for our construction/pest control business, so that just happened to work out for me. I was thinking maybe you could do some tutoring or something, like for anatomy or physiology students, or nursing program students. It might not be full time work, but maybe can bring in some extra money?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have a regular job, but have been attempting to start working from home. I have found that there truely are 'work from bed in your pjs' type jobs! It all depends on how much effort you want to put into it all.

First, if the website actually promotes "work from home" and says it is all "easy", then it is probably a scam! Second, you must actually be talented in something, or be willing to become talented, for a stay at home job.

I am getting into the whole freelance web design, and I can literally lay in bed with my laptop and complete work. People subcontract and build teams with other freelancers online to complete more complicated works. To be successful in this type of work, one simply needs a good portfolio that proves your capable, and a willingness to go the extra mile to promote yourself and find potential clients. Obvious there is a need to get everything in writing, have solid contracts, and to only deal with reputable companies.

Basically any job that uses a computer as the main tool can possibly be a stay at home job.

Just off the top of my head, seeing that a possible talent for you is being a RN, if you are also talented in writing, you could possibly write articles for health related websites as a work at home job. If you were to become succesful at that, then you could consider writing in general a talent and expand on it to also include non health related topics.