I Can't Believe This!!!!!!!!!! Supposed To Be Happy Time With Baby On Way.

jlmahon

I posted a while ago that I was being reviewed by Social Security for continuing benefits. I was concerned at first but then I read that it was common practice, and that 95% of people continue to receive benefits after a review. After all, I have been receiving SSD for 11 years now. Well, I filled out the ridiculously long form last April, and was called in to see one of their own docs (that's a real joke if anyone here has been through it). I thought the appt went ok though so I forgot about it. Yesterday, I received notice that my benefits are being terminated because I have "medically improved" according to their doctor. All the doctor asked was where my small fiber neuropathy was diagnosed, and asked me to tie a shoelace. They didn't even request medical records from any of my treating docs, including Dr. Grubb. Of course, I don't have the physical or mental energy to deal with this now, as I'm dealing with pregnancy complications on top of regular medical stuff. I feel like they're using my pregnancy against me. I'm trying not to stress because I know it's not good for baby but I feel like I'm having a 24-hr panic attack. I contacted a lawyer who is willing to help on a pay per service basis. I was lucky to find her, as most lawyers don't like to take on termination cases, because they are not guaranteed to be paid. She said because of the Soc Sec system financially going broke, they are trying to kick off as many people as they can, as she's had many more cases lately. She told me I should appeal and attend a hearing. I laugh, as I've been spending most of my time in bed and I can't imagine how much more difficult it will be in 5 weeks when baby is here. The good thing is my husband is taking off 3 weeks from work and mom will be around as needed to help with baby. I have no idea how I will feel, or how long it will take me to get back to "normal" again. I'm feeling so depressed when I should be happy.

I just got a review and had enough medical info to get reap proved. Definately appeal the decision.