Improving Memory

Guest tearose

Guest tearose

I'm concerned with my failing memory and want to start doing something to improve or keep my abilities. I'm ready to try anything. Games, exercises... Does any one have some ideas?

Thank you, tearose

I think I read something about omega 3's improving memory. I introduced flax seed oil into my diet recently and I must say, I feel much better. But you can use fish oil or other forms of omega 3 as well.

Dr. Weil's web site has a cool page on memory loss:

http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cda.html...ns-articleId=14

Good thoughts (no pun intended:-)

EM

From everything I've read in my Ed.Psych Ph.D. program, any activities that keep your brain active, solving problems, etc. will help with memory. I think I've also read somewhere that regular exercise also helps with memory.

Things that I can think of that might keep your brain active: crosswords, word puzzles, reading, playing a musical instrument.

Here's a decent article:

http://www.fcs.okstate.edu/aging/topics/Al...n%204.10.02.doc

Hello,

Omega-3 and Omega-6 oils do increase brain functions, I understand that it works by "oiling" up the receptors within the brain. there was a programme recently shown here in the UK by Dr Winston, who experimented with Salmon Oil and children, (who were not doing so well within schools) their interest in their studies was increased dramatically. I have tried to find a reference on the web, but have not succeed yet.

Salmon oil is the best fish oil, as it is high in omega 3(, and I think 6 but I'm not 100% sure on Omega-6) fatty acids (it is also the more expensive) - but contains a higher concentration of DHA and EPA than say Cod Oil - which apparently is the most important aspect of the oil.

So far I have not been as good as perhpas i should be with sticking to taking these tablets on a daily basis, I plan to start from tomorrow and would be interested to hear if anyone else does benefit from taking the oils.

In addition, simple mental exercises, reading, and the such will help keep your brain active.

Good luck!