What Tools Does Dr Kyprianou Use At The Pots Treatment Center?

FarmerAmy

I am asking this question because I am doing biofeedback where I live in Colorado. I know Dr Kyprianou uses the emWave by HeartMath. Are there any other tools she uses?

With the biofeedback I am doing, we started with diaphragmatic breathing. I also had a temperature sensor on my hand so I could practice warming my hands up. I just started using the HeartMath emWave. I also know that I will do some EMG muscle feedback.

Are there any additional tools or techniques that Dr Kyprianou uses?

Thanks!

Amy

I don't know the name of the other systems she's uses, she wouldn't tell me the names and said they are for professionals. There is the Heartmath computer system, emg muscle tensions thing, and a hand temperature thing.

She also talks about levels where you stand and do the breathing. I didn't get that far and she couldn't tell me what the levels were and why they were so important. I think it's was just practicing the breathing & muscle stuff standing.

And then she tries to give your supplements and exercise advice.

When I was there, I stood while using the heart math software. That was immensely helpful for regulating my heart rate while standing. She also does guided relaxation at the end of every session. Try checking my post history for more info on my trip to Dallas in December 2011.

Sounds like you are doing everything except for the relaxation CD's that she makes, but I'm sure you could find some online resources for that from someone else. The standing part I don't really understand because by the end of the two weeks I wasn't really doing any better (a little worse actually because of my period) so I was never trained on how to stand and do the breathing at the same time. Maybe just more practice?

• 6 years later...

I think the standing up is like the next challenge since the transition from sitting to standing is so hard for us.  Learning how to be successful on the software while sitting and then standing to learn to maintain control even with your change in posture.  It is a big deal.  Also, she addresses diet, exercise, overall wellbeing mentally as well as physically, other conditions and diseases you may be suffering from, etc.  For example, she got me to quit smoking and start eating better.  She treats you as a whole.  

On 3/4/2019 at 8:48 PM, daddysgirl said:

For example, she got me to quit smoking and start eating better.

It's just a shame they charge thousands of dollars for that.

One thing I would like to raise about this clinic that I have mentioned in another thread, (I am not saying it hasn't helped anyone and have no personal experience with them) is that one of their herbal recommendations that they give to patients is to take licorice root. 

That was something I discovered early on in my illness which has fludrocortisone like benefits without the side effects, and it absolutely transformed my quality of life for about a year. 

If someone went there and did all the biofeedback & relaxation etc and also started licorice root, it is quite probable that the licorice root alone is (temporarily) giving them their life back. It works very quickly (hours) and could account for a lot of the glowing testimonials from patients at the end of their visit. 

I have also looked into heartmath and may try that device if the price comes down as I do think there is probably some merit in that but not in the league of the ~500ml boost in plasma volume that licorice root has been shown to induce. 

B x