What Doctor Checks For This ??

Achilles2323

I believe you can have that done at certain gyms. Not all gyms have the devices required to perform this test, but I don't think this is a typical test a dr may order.

A friend had it done some years back in Vegas, and all I remember from her story is that she had to breathe into a machine for 5 min I think. No connection with POTS though, my friend had it done as she was on a weight loss diet that didn't really work for her.

Hope this helps.

Alex

I honestly don't know how to help you here. There can be so many reasons behind rapid weight loss...

Maybe you can make a list of all your symptoms/concerns and keep track of the way they 'evolve' in time, then have this handy for future dr appointments - I think a dr would most likely be able to point you in the right direction... I can only speculate. Can your family dr address some of your problems? Have you started any new meds recently that might be blamed for some of you're experiencing? Any changes in diet?

Alex

Agree with Chaos, I believe an endocrinologist does this kind of testing.

Also agree a food diary is wise, u may not be getting as many essential foods as u think, either way its good to show a doctor what you've been eating if you decide to go. :)