Gluten-Free Bread

SeattleRain

I found Udie's at the store today. I made Bob's Red Mill bread but Tyler does not care for it. So I will try Udie's next? What's a good baking mix for pancakes and waffles? Is there a syrup that's gluten free? Tyler started his gluten free diet today.

No clue what's gluten free for syrup, but I have to giggle... When they give me zofran for my stomach in Iv form, I get instantly hungry (probably because I haven't been eating solid food in a long time without severe issues), and pancakes is one of the things I literally crave. I feel I could eat a million of them, and hashbrowns too. I begged my dad to go to mcdonalds at 3 am coming home from the er one night for pancakes... He didn't stop, because I turned around and passed out in the car (they didn't hydrate me very well, and I was still very triggered from being poked).... I still haven't gotten my pancakes lately, lol.

I found maple syrup that's gluten free and I will be making french toast sticks in the morning. I made blueberry muffins with a gluten free baking mix. They turned out really good. The whole family ate them. Tyler likes the soft white corn tortillas the Mission makes. They are labeled gluten free. This gluten free diet is not too bad so far. I will be making gluten free chicken nuggets with oven fries tomorrow. Anyone hungry yet?

The french toast sticks were good and easy to do.Maple Grove Farms has organic maple syrup that is gluten free. Tyler only uses a tablespoon to dip his french toast sticks into. I used Rudies bread to make the french toast sticks. I found a recipe for freezable frech toast sticks. It calls for 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, and one loaf of bread. I only used half the loaf and vanilla almond milk. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Turn your slices over at the 8 minute mark. Tyler gave this 4 stars. He said it was a little sweet so next time I will use the unsweetened almond mik. Tonight I'm making chicken nuggets and oven fries. We need a taste and a smell version internet service.

This bread looks really good. What products have you tried? I am also trying to find the hambuger buns. Do you know by chance how many buns are in a package? The bread mixes and breads in the store are about the same price. So I would be happy to order instead of making bread every week. The Bob's Red Mill gluten free Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix is really good but seedy. It's a dark brown bread.

Udi's makes good hamburger buns but they are pricey and only come 4 to a pack.

My family really doesn't like the Bobs red mill but they do like Pamela's mixes.

I do suggest having corn starch on hand if you make a gluten free pizza crust. I've found the dough very sticky.

I don't know first hand but a friend told me that Udi's bread is sold at Costco.

If anyone has a suggestion for gluten free fried chicken I'd love to hear it.

I've tried the brown rice & also the quinoa & corn blend pasta which isn't bad. I found that most of the gluten free bread I bought really wasn't gluten free. I started making my own bread using the grains & nuts I could tolerate. My fav was made from almond meal & ground flax. I found crackers were also easy to make & delicious. After going gluten free for few weeks & could not tell I felt any better I went back to wheat.

• 2 weeks later...

The Betty Crocker website has some good recipes. The one for chicken nuggets is not bad. However, I found a better way to make the batter stick to the chicken . Roll the chicken pieces in white rice flour, dip in egg whites and roll in corn chex mixture and then bake in the oven. I have not tried fried chicken but the sparkspeople have several gluten free recipes with calories counted.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...