Pots, Miscarriage And Fatigue

joyagh

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks pregnant last week. It's pretty much over now. Not sure if I have any HcG in my system anymore - the lab won't get results til Monday. I have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fatigued and exhausted. I've been waiting for it to wear off, but I'm just wiped out and not able to rest. SO many dr's appts - for POTS evals and m/c follow up, and sinus infection and flu shots for DD and vet appts for terminally ill cat. I've been having to get up early and not getting naps, and taking care of 3 yo, household chores and husband: making dinner, grocery shopping, cleaning/laundry, budget/bills, sick cat etc). I haven't lost a large amount of blood (TMI) - just a med/reg menstrual flow. Very little pain as well.

I'm just wondering if m/c hits us harder b/c of our existing issues and circulation and other symptoms anyway. I'm just grumpy and irritable b/c I'm so tired and I just wanna sit down and rest and I CANNOT.

DH is on my case about being so negative and irritable and complaining. He never understands when I'm not feeling 100%. I'm sure I have some emotional stuff going on from the m/c too, but the fatigue and irritability (short fuse) is really affecting me.

Ideas about why this is so difficult?

I dont have any answers here for u, however I imagine for a healthy individual dealing with the changes in your body and chemical flucuations they would be tired and then sprinkle a little POTS on top...ugh. I am so very sorry for your loss and I hope u can find the time to rest and take some physical and emotional time to just recharge. Thinking of u and hope u feel better soon...take care {{{hugs}}}-sarah

Hugs. I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I'm at a loss in understanding why your hubby

isn't insisting that you rest more. Maybe your gyn or a freind can explain this to him. Do you have a family

member or freind who could help out ?

Not to add to your burden but eating as healthy as possible and getting a good night's

sleep even if you have to use meds or sleep supplements will help your body heal faster. If you're

not allergic or otherwise opposed, I used to find boost or ensure helped build up my strength.

There are many possible causes of oi so it's hard to say if that's why you're feeling puny. The tests being

run by integrative / functional doctors may find and help you treat your cause.

Fwiw, celiac disease and gluten intolerance have been associated with both pregnancy issues and oi. I'm post menopausal so I

haven't done extensive research in this but Elisabeth Hassekbeck from The View had pregnancy issues

associated with gluten intolerance / celiac and I'm sure she explains it somewhere.

Tc .. D

So sorry for your loss. It does take a while for the HCG to get out of your system, so that can cause you to be tired. All your other hormones half to fall back into place also...so there is the irritability. I have had a few MC so I know how you are feeling. Please take care of you and your body right now...you would be surprised at how much that other stuff can wait.

Hugs

I'm so sorry. *Hugs*

It was right around 5 weeks pregnant with my second child that I became very sick with POTS (and was diagnosed a few weeks later), so at least in my case, the hormones and other changes were affecting me a lot. It was like I got hit with a Mack truck. Plus you've lost a lot of blood, and we POTSies have such a tenuous balance with our blood volume as it is. So it makes a lot of sense to me that you are feeling particularly ill. I really hope you get some relief soon.

I'm sorry your DH isn't understanding at the moment. Have you watched the POTS video on YouTube that this site produced with him? Mine found that very eye-opening.

My parents had a great marriage, but my dad always referenced this time between having my sister and me when my mom had a m/c and he just didn't get it at all. He thought about it simply in medical terms and totally missed how my mom was dealing with it emotionally. I hope your DH will come around to realizing how you are affected.

So sorry. My daughter has just had a series of miscarriages and because they were early nobody thought that it mattered too much. But it does. Treat yourself kindly and i hope you feel better soon. Its a big upheaval in your body.

Hugs

thanks for all your kind words and support. The HcG is finally out of my system so I feel more like myself, except I had to do a 24 hour urine catch for free catecholamines and creatinine, so i was off my meds for 48 hours, and that kinda sucked. I only knew I was pregnant for about 4 days before I lost it, but I did get very used to the idea and it seemed very real at the time.

My cat just died 2 nights ago, so that has superceded the m/c emotions now. But now I'm back on my meds and physically recovering, so it's just the emotional fallout to deal with now.

Thanks for the youtube video suggestion. I'll look it up to show DH. Is there one in particular?

So very sorry for all you are going through..