Diagnosed With Chiari 1 - Is This The Cause Of My Dysautonomia

louloutinks

tinks,

I have had testing completed by an audiologist and they didn't find anything. The tech that ran just the regular hearing test first said she had never seen such a good hearing test (I have hyperacusis too.) But nothing showed up on the test that was conducted by the audiologist. But that was 2 years ago. I have a feeling the neuro might be sending me for another round of all kinds of testing. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Monstrosity, I have joined the support group from the link you provided so thanks for that. The neurosurgeon is at the main Neurological hospital in London so I am quite confident he will put me in good hands (if it comes to it of course!).

Kart bug have you had ABR and acoustic reflex test etc. so far I have only had tympani test, hearing test, rhinne and the other tuning fork test and tone test. One ear better than the other, no response in right ear with tuning fork and normal pressure in both. I will be having the ABR, nystagmus test and reflex decay etc. I want an answer so maybe they can stop this noise and discomfort for me.

I thought I had hyperaccusis but its a problem with the cross reflex. Be interesting to find out how you get on.

I am not sure...I'll have to get a copy of all of it and look at exactly which tests were done. The audiologist's tests were about an hour and a half long. They included wearing goggles that recorded eye movement, watching a screen on a wall that had different patterns going by, wearing ear phones and having to give answers to questions while being monitored. Now that I am trying to remember I'm brain foggy about what all happened that day...I just know I felt like I ran a Marathon after and all the tests were negative. But, I hadn't developedthe nystagmus then and we were trying to figure out why I was dizzy because we hadn't figured out I had POTS yet either. I bet with all the Neuro symptoms I have now that my tests might turn our differently.