Dextromethorphan (Robistussin) & Pots?

joyagh

I have found some info stating that using one therapeutic dose of DXM can relieve POTS symptoms for days. It's an NDMA antagonist. Has anyone used it for this purpose? I notice I feel better when I take it for cough - I don't get the adrenaline symptoms. I didn't know if was an opiod base. I never thought it could help for POTS symptoms, but I might try it.

Maybe not at the 150mg dose, as that has some scary looking effects, but a regular dose in retrospect has helped me feel better, so maybe just the regular dose can be effective.

http://bpainfreetherapy.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Use-Dextromethorphan-for-Chronic-Pain

Interesting timing on this thread. I've been fighting a sinus infection/bronchitis for a couple weeks and have been using Mucinex or Ruobitussin. My BP and HR have been fairly stable even though I was weaning off my propanalol at the same time. Was wondering if the Mucinex had something to do with it, but have been too sick to do any research on it. Thanks for posting this.