Dehydration, How Is It Even Possible?

Just before I was diagnosed I was horrendously sick and ended up in the ER, my diagnosis was "dehydration" they kept me for two days and released me. Well, they were correct, I was dehydrated, little did they know I had pots.

I am constantly dehydrated despite drinking fluids all day long, lots and lots of fluids. Sometimes I am so dry I can't swallow, and at the same time I am bloated from all the water I drink, I feel like I should slosh when I walk around. This might be TMI, but I pee very little, for as much water as I drink I should be pee'ing every two hours! SO here is what does not make sense. I drink from the moment I wake up in the morning until the time I go to bed. If I am not pee'ing it out where is it going? It's certainly not hydrating me, and it's not coming out of me, so where is it? I seldomly sweat so I'm not losing it there either. Doesn't make sense.

I don't know where it is going. I would definately ask your dr. next time you see him/her. I have heard that it is not too good to be taking it in and not getting it out, that water can actually dilute some essentials, ie: electrolytes and such and cause issues. Are you drinking just water, or are you also drinking things with sodium like Gatorade or chicken broth? I know for me, I probably don't get enough fluids throughout the day, but I pee quite often. When/if we go out, the first thing I have to do upon arrival is find a bathroom, even if it is a ten minute drive and I just went before leaving the house. I don't know if I've ever been dehydrated, but my mom always told me to check the color of the urine and I do. The darker the color, the more dehydrated you can be. Hope you find some answers.