Electrical Sensitivity

gertie

I have MCS and have read that electrical sensitivity can be a part of this. I haven't made this connection for myself, however - but with electrical devices all around us, who knows, I suppose it could be part of the picture. I do feel weird in MRI machines - pressure in my chest and heart feels like it's beating funny. Here's a little thing about ES:

http://www.tldp.com/issue/179/emf179.htm

It means that for some of us EMF's bring on symptoms such as seizures, migraine, rashes, burning sensation on skin etc. My worst symptoms are burning/tingling sensation up my neck & arm when on computer or under lights, or seizure from being near fans or on cell phone too long. It may be different for everyone.

I have a sensitivity to electromagnetic fields since I hagan this POTS flare. Being near something that puts out an electromagnetic field makes me extremely weak and nauseous almost immediately. A laptop computer, our stove, my old clothes iron are all items that get me. My nutritionist gave me a magnet that I wear inside my bra that helps block the effects. The difference is amazing, but I still try to avoid being exposed to EMF's as much as possible. An electric blanket is out of the question for me!