Chest Pains

lillybits

Does anything help with chest pain and does anyone know what makes it go away? I have had real bad chest pains this last week to where when we were out christmas shopping i had to crouch down on the floor ang put everything down. it takes my breath away... it has been a long time since i have had pain like that in my chest and its starting to consern me and I could really use some help here! thank you, kim

The more I do the worse my chest pains get . I wish I had a suggestion but all have found to do is just sleep it off and reboot. and make sure Im extra hydrated (haha) I one night was so desperate I tryed a heating pad which helped a little with my costo, but I also get angina "like" pain that just has to go on its own....Good luck and Im sorry u have to deal with this. Might wanna check with your doc if it continues to be debilitating. Its def. a really yucky symptom =(

Hi Kim,

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle. It's a tough question to answer, but I'll echo what the others have said - you might want to check that out, for your own peace of mind.

What has helped me in the past (in a hit and miss sort of way though) is rest, hot showers, my electrical blanket, Tylenol 3, and Percocet (I got some nasty withdrawal reaction though from discontinuing the percocet after only a few pills so I am staying away from it).

I hope you feel better.

Best,

Alex

Hi,

I have just posted 2 posts about the same issue. I am lying on settee with hot water bottle on my chest.

My docs can give me no explanation and i too find it debilitating.

Initially fludrocortisone worked.

this summer i started to swim seriously again and since then have been in chest pain remission even if not full posts remission. However i have had full tests so everyone feels confident my hesrt is sound.

Let me know if you find anything and i hope it gets better for you.

Thank you all as soon as my new insurance kicks in I can see a doc. I hate being in between doctors. I get all angry with Dr with no concept of what we are all going thru I stop going. Now I will try the heating pad. I can't tolerate the hot showers. The florinef I don't tolerate either makes my abdomin swell. ~kim

Hi Kim,

Sorry you are dealing with. After fatigue I think chest pain is the most distressing POTS symptom. I agree with everyone who suggested you get it checked out for your own peace of mind but chances are its just POTS being awful and inconvenient. I get chest pain almost every day and some days its very bad and causes me a lot of anxiety because we are all trained to think chest pain = heart attack. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to help and when I went to the ER for chest pain before I knew I was having a POTS flare up, none of the pain meds they gave me helped, not even morphine. Weirdly, going to a physical therapist does often reduce how often I get chest pain. She tapes back my shoulder so I'm not so hunched and clenched with anxiety which makes chest pain worse.

Hope your insurance kicks in soon!