Funny Question: My Nose Gets Really Red In The Cold- Related To Pots?

abbyw

From when I was young, my nose was always the "reddest" when we were outside in the cold. Yesterday, I was out for over 4 hours in the freezing cold. (off topic, but the good news is that I am doing well enough to have a day like that, unfortunately, I have been exhausted since ....)

When I came home, my nose was still red 3 hours later!! It is still a bit red this morning!

Could this have something to do with vasoconstriction or something?

Thanks!

Abby

Hi Abby,

It may have to do with vasoconstriction, but I'm not sure. Do your fingertips and toes also get really cold and red, too? It could possibly be Reynaud's Syndrome. I have the same problems with my nose, ears, fingertips and toes. And I'm about to leave sunny Tucson for icy cold Iowa for the holidays! Sometimes I have to take a warm bath to get the chill out.

i couldnt even go out during the winter in wisconsin. I still have issues with my hands, feet nose and ears out here in kingman but I do have raynauds and the docs said that it can be aggervated by my blood volume and pooling problems.....

kim

Oh yes, the red nose is one of my biggest annoyances. And it happens intermittently so I never really know when it will happen, it could be outside or inside in a warm room. Congrats on staying outside for four hours-that's a big deal. I would never last! I have Raynaud's too, but I don't know if that affects the nose. My skin is just so sensitive all over that I always just blamed it on that.