New Doctor - New Ideas - Could This Be The Answer, Or At Least A Part Of Our Puzzle?

issie

also I found this of some interest:

http://www.classicalchinesemedicine.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fruehauf_guapproaches.pdf

also, quoting from a parasite forum:

Not every parasite is a worm. Parasites can be classified into the following:

1/ Nematodes (worms)

2/ Cestodes (tapeworms)

3/ Trematodes (flukes)

4/ Protozoa (microscopic such as giardia etc)

Treatments are different for each classification.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15058817

http://dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx/Default.htm

the FL1953 is not specifically discussed I believe, I only had time to skim thru these but possibly a new evolved bug? anyway, interesting reads on this topic.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some reason I have had to repost this 3x....idk why.

http://autismapocalypse.com/

http://vran.org/abou...ccine-cover-up/

not medically published docs but think Erin Brockovich. post what you think, if opposed or if it makes sense in your case.

Both of these are on vaccines ---maybe you got the wrong links????? These would be good on the vaccines thread. I've read the first one before.

Issie

article on New ideas about cause spread of lyme at http://www.samento.c...sendhowens.html the samento website has some interesting articles on the subject.

I thought this article was interesting in how Lyme disease can mimic so many other illnesses and treatment for it helps to change the symptoms. Interesting that it has been found that it can be spread human to human.

Issie

Oh Angela, I now see why you posted on vaccines - because I mentioned that I thought there was some connection with the polio vaccine that I'd had as a young child. I do think that triggered something in me, my sis and a friend of mine. We all got sick at the same time and have been ever since. Also, growing up in the deep South - there were many mosquitoes. So, who knows for sure.

Issie

for some reason I have had to repost this 3x....idk why.

http://autismapocalypse.com/

http://vran.org/abou...ccine-cover-up/

not medically published docs but think Erin Brockovich. post what you think, if opposed or if it makes sense in your case.

Both of these are on vaccines ---maybe you got the wrong links????? These would be good on the vaccines thread. I've read the first one before.

Issie

both talked about connection between vaccines and protozoa...first one discussed FL1953 protozoa as well which is how I found Dr. Fry....remember??

maybe wrong about the second article about speaking on protozoa when I skimmed back thru I will try to find what I was trying to get down, I think that one I just included cuz I had several articles pulled up and my laptop wasnt letting me post so I had to keep trying and got in a hurry....was saying "post saved" however not posting anything and my son was "pulling at my skirt" ;) got a little rushed. anyways, please refer back to post #69 by gypsysoul anyone who is interested in this topic:) hope you didn't skip that part - her story is interesting

I forgot to mention, 5 years ago when my POTS became life changing in the sense i could no longer igonore something was wrong, a whole load of bad things happened to me just before this time which Drs always ask in consultations when they want to put everything down to stress. Some where relationship changes, being on a boat for 24hours which seemed to make me never able to cope with motion in quite the same way, and as well as chronic heartburn and nausea i was taken down with Giardia whilst visiting Egypt. I was very ill for weeks and wasnt given antiobiotics straight away as we all just though it was food poisening. Although i tested negative for Giardia months later, who knows with these parasites "hiding" themselves. It makes you wonder even if the Giardia was simply enough to cause havic with in the body like Lymes etc. Giardia is something worth being tested for if you get a lot of nausea and abdominal problems, you dont have to have the trotts to have Giardia either

Everyone amazes me in their medical knowledge and terminology. I know many of you definitely exceed me. I was just wondering though, many of you mentioned you were sick as a child or had a sickness later. I was very sickly(for lack of a better term, they said it was always an allergy of some sort) as a child too. I wonder if extended doses of antibiotics over long periods of time would make us more vulnerable to this protozoa than other people.

ukwildcat, that is interesting thought as I had tonsilitis for most of my 11th year, I was in bed for weeks at a time and as soon as it cleared up thru penicillin it was back again 3 weeks later. after a year of being in bed for much of the year they finally took my tonsils out.

Then, when my son was born and everyone talked me into breastfeeding I developed mastitis and didn't respond to antibiotics, they had to do surgery to remove the cyst.....by the time I was in for surgury it was more painful than giving birth.

The treatment for this is long term antibiotics and antimalarial type drugs. Whether these type of protozoa are resistant to antibiotics --not sure. I too had quite a few antibiotics as a child. Maybe, the protozoa has been an issue for a long time and/or mast cells have been an issue for a long time. But, according to what I've read about these protozoa --they can cause some of the mast cell issues and allergies. So, what came first?????

i am not on here often. over a year ago daughter dx with dysautonomia and probably mcad. well after a year of worsening health we started looking further and found out daughter has chronic lyme and mold toxicity. apparently these infections can cause autonomic dysfunction and mast cells to degranulate. we are working on healing her gut and then onto methylation. I am working with dr tim jackson who will be on blogtalkradio tomorrow night: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mthfrsupport/2013/01/03/mthfr-supports-first-show

I think issie is onto something here:)) wish her the best!

Julie T,

Are you in the US? If so, what part of the country,if I may ask? I am trying to find someone near me that does the chronic Lyme thing that takes insurance. I can only find Lyme Literate Docs here in the Maryland vicinity that don't take insurance (understandably because they spend so much time on each appt but that doesn't make me able to afford them. ;) )

Thanks,

Katie

Katie,

I have an appt. soon with Dr. Fry ---I can ask him if he knows of someone in your area. If you want to PM me with what city - I will ask him for you. Dr. Fry takes my insurance ----except for the one type of protozoa testing. So, far, I have paid my co-pay and most of my lab work was done at Quest - which insurance pays for. There are some Lyme Disease associations too. I know there is one here in AZ. I know there are other doctors all over the country - but, sadly they come under a lot of fire and skepticism from people who do not understand about these organisms and even though they may not know these doctors or what they do to help their patients ----are very verbal in their disapproval of the work they do. I hope that it will make a BIG difference with me.

I have been on this diet and herbal protocol - this is my 4th week. My husband commented today that he could tell it was helping me. He said before I could only stand for a few minutes before I started hunting a chair and now --today, I stood up and walked around in a couple of stores and was upright without sitting for a couple of hours. Towards the end --I was nauseous and ready to find a chair. But, for sure I'm better. I have also noticed that my neuropathy in my feet is better and my edema and swelling is better in my hands and legs. I think I'm through the worst of the detox and am not having as bad die off now. I'm also sleeping a whole lot better. I don't notice that I'm hurting any more then I was before when I was using magnesium. I have no problems going potty ---that is a whole lot better. I'm keeping up with everything I eat and the program I use breaks down foods into vitamin content, calories and fats and proteins. I'm actually eating much healthier with more nutrition then I was when I was eating meat. I'm also losing weight - which I needed to have happen. I'm not craving meat at all or dairy ---well, maybe ice cream a little. The hardest thing is the low fat part. I would like some oil or butter - that to me is the hardest thing to give up. My blood sugar has improved. I think, that's quite a bit of noticeable improvements for such a short length of time. Today, my hubby said he knew I could do it ---he just didn't think I would do it. He has been very supportive of me and has helped me read labels and figured out resturants to go to and helps me to be determined to stick with this. He even took a bag of chips that someone had brought over for a party and threw them out. Chips are my weakness. I told him I could have self-control and not eat them ---but, he wanted to make sure I stuck to my diet and threw them out. He said today, he thinks this is a healthy and good diet and he thinks he wants to try to eat more like I'm eating too. That will sure make it easier - if he does.

So far, I'm encouraged. I hope that more improvements will come with time. I'll keep you posted.

Issie

Kewl. Glad to hear that you're feeling so much better. Standing up longer is very encouraging..

My oi has only responded to allergy meds but I clearly have angioedema from allergens.

I was shocked at how much my diet contributes to my symptoms too. I've tried to go without meat

before but it makes me feel too weak and eating healthy meats that I'm not intolerant of always makes me feel stronger.

You certainly have a nice hubby. Even after 7 years of eating healthier, I find chips hard to resist. I miss the crunch ..

I still haven't had time to google how different pathogens stay alive in our bodies. As an ex kombucha

grower, I'm interested.

Good luck with this. Dizzy

Dizzy, we are in AZ. i am working with dr tim jackson via phone consult. he is a PT that rid his lyme w/o abx. He trained with dr Kendal stewart an ENT that specializes in neuroimmune syndromes. you can google their names and find them on youtube or underground wellness talk radio. i also posted a link above. dr tim focuses on healing the gut first then methylation. this gets the immune system working better - which is why my daughter probably gut sick to begin with. Mold toxicity can contribute to leaky gut. Her dysautonomia symptoms came after psoriasis, hashimotos dx. mast cells degranulate as response to lyme I have heard. My daughter developed bartonella rash this summer. this is a coinfection and really got me looking for infections...it is all making sense. it is not easy to treat chronic lyme - controversial unfortunately. i think you have to get the immune system working OR infections will just come back when you stop abx. we are new to this journey. daughter is still on her dysautonomia meds: midodrine, florinef. she also takes gastrocrom for the mast cells. OH daughter also has PITAND - infection triggered auto immune reaction attacking brain - so basically her body is attacking healthy tissue in brain. Dr. Stewart says when methylation not working you have too few T cells and then B cells which are involved in allergies increase. Over time you become more and more sensitive to foods, chemicals, etc...makes sense. If you are interested in really changing how the body responds it is worth looking at genetic mutations, gut health, etc...

Dr. Fry doesn't always give antibiotics. He feels that diet is the key. But, I'm taking some herbals that work like antimalarial drugs. I appreciate that he isn't trying to force anyone to do anything. It is up to us how strict we do the diet and what the results will be because of our adherence to it. I had a "significant" count of these protozoans and even with a good many - he didn't try to talk me into antibiotics. So, thinking I will be able to do the diet and the herbals seem to be helping too. One way to know if there is die off - you have some herxing that happens. I did for about 2 weeks - things are settling out some now. Not as bad of a reaction.

I did forget my GastroCrom one morning and I could really tell a difference. I think the MCAS treatment is really making a big difference too. I know that with time and more control of the protozoa and co-infection - even that should get better.

I'm having positive results that people around me are noticing. So, far so good.

Issie

Okay, here's what I did ---I had lunch today at a restaurant and I think they must have dipped my tortilla's in oil - it was oily and I immediately realized it --but, ate it any way. It has been awhile since I had oil or much fat. Within 30 minutes I felt sick. I took enzymes and started drinking lemon water and it was better in a short time. But, I never realized how the oil and fat in my diet made me feel ---until today and my mess up. Okay, hard lesson learned - once you get used to not having the fat and oil - your body recognizes it and doesn't like it. At least that's what happened to me today.

My one friend that started this diet a few months before me - learned with a hamburger. Same thing happened to her.

Issie

Issie glad it is working for you as noted by your experience with the oil. Keep us posted.

I was recently referred to the diet by Cousins for Diabetes. I reviewed what I could find but can not find much evidence it helps Diabetes. I eat the opposite diet ( about 10% carb., unlimited protein and fat ) so a lot of meat- 20/24 oz slabs of meat every night. The adult onset Diabetes is likely a mitochondrial diabetes as my BMI is 24-25 and I have the diagnosed mitochondrial electron transport chain defect. I originally had fasting sugars in the 200-400 range. I discovered Gary Taubes good calories bad calories and began to think fats were not bad for you ( something you would not have convinced me of in the past.), and then Jenny Ruhl "Blood Sugar 101" who taught me that in Diabetes the sugars are what cause the worsening of the illness (does not apply type 1 ) and all the damage to the bodies organs. She also taught me that if you cut enough carbs out your sugars go down. For a diabetic you don't need any expensive tests, you just need blood sugar strips. Cut all your carbs out and sugars plummet as evidence by blood sugar strips in just hours to days. ( That is because with no carbs there is nothing to break down to sugar. Well to be inclusive Protein can break down slowly so you must still have a partially functioning pancreas or take insulin if you are Type 1 but most adult onset diabetics have some pancreatic function. )

Anyhow, I think that considering alternatives to normal medical approaches can be worthwhile, my own experience with a high fat diet is alternative to mainstream. Foggy brain seems to have some excellent points to consider. But if one weighs the risks of Issie's diet alone it does not sound very unhealthy.

Potluck,

I had some concerns about blood sugar too, because this diet is pretty high in carbs. Since I was borderline pre-diabetic --my number was only 101 with fasting - so not very high. But, they told me to keep a watch on it. I have actually lowered my blood sugar with this diet. It is doing the complete opposite of what I expected. I'm keeping a watch on things and actually --everything seems to be improving. I'll give more of an update later, as things start to be tested out even further. There is a new book just released from Dr. McDougall - which is the diet that was recommended called "Starch Solution". I'm just reading it. It has some pretty interesting information in it. This is so not what the mainstream people would have you believe. Having learned quite a bit about alternative treatments - and thinking I knew "good nutrition". This is an eye opening experience for me. It goes against everything - I thought I knew. I'm real attentive to the changes that are occurring and so far --I'm impressed. I also couldn't see how I'd lose weight (that I need to lose) with such high carbs ---but, I'm averaging a 2 lb. weight loss per week. You have protein - it's just plant protein. I'm not as afraid of it because of having a friend who is a cardiologist and he has actually been a vegetarian himself for many years. He recommends this type of diet to his patients. He says if people would change their diet and exercise -it would take care of the reasons that people come to see him. (Of course, he's not talking about POTS. But, other issues with the heart.)

Of course one of the reasons I decided to do this diet was because my Kidney Function is getting worse. One of the first things they have people with kidney dysfunction do is lower protein. And eliminating dairy is one of the first things recommended for autoimmune disorders. So, there are two more good reasons for this - in respects to my health. It is also thought that heart disease does better with low fats. Here's an interesting link I found on vegan low fat diets for diabetes and those with cardiovascular risk

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/8/1777.full

I hope I still feel this way about all this in another month. One month down and the future is ahead. Kind of exciting - this new journey.

Issie