New Doctor - New Ideas - Could This Be The Answer, Or At Least A Part Of Our Puzzle?

issie

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some new information.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28411089 (you may need to copy and past this pubmed link.)

Dr Fry, Doctor/bioscientist - who found Protomyzoa Rehumatica - now has determined it's a type of mold/fungus. (We found it in my thyroid biopsy.) He just got a peer reviewed paper in Pubmed. He has determined that with us, who have issues with it, there is a genetic flaw and we don't have a certain protein to break this mold down. It can cause tumors, cancer, atherosclerosis and a host of other issues. He is going to stop seeing patients and go into lab only, for now, to try to develop a protein for us to use so our immune system will keep it in check. It will probably be a number of years before that will be available. 

I asked him what in the meantime. He said to keep with my herbs. I seem to have it under control. But we are going to see if an antifungal may help more. He has found using an antifungal along with Doxycycoline gives his best results. 

Exciting times ahead. I stick to what I've been saying forever --- Genetics/Epigenetics, autoimmune and inflammation. If we could get that "fixed" we'd be "Healed".

Issie

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, just back from seeing Dr Fry for the last time before he retires from seeing patients. :( He feels this mold/fungus is what's creating most of my issues. It is similar to Valley Fever and goes everywhere into every organ. He is treating with Doxycycoline and Diflucan.

His research has found that magnesium, most B vitamins (including Methyl Folate --- only safe one is B12), and Fish Oils feed it. May be why I have more thyroid tumors, as I had started using those things. He said to be careful of minerals too. But didn't tell me to stop taking zinc or chromium - so hope those are okay. Only use a few times a week.

He feels I didn't herx with the Doxy the last time because of the magnesium. It's obvious I have issues. Feet were purple in his office and he pointed this out to me. Brain fog is awful. He said I'm not getting good enough blood flow or oxygen. So making changes. He really feels being as close to vegan is better. But I felt like adding meat back a few times a week gave me more muscle strength.
So there's the update.
Issie

• 2 weeks later...

I just read though this thread- thank you for the updates and info. Seems like the jury's out ok exactly which supplements are good or bad but that this doc is onto something here!

I've been doing a lot of research myself on diet and nutrition and all the experts are saying the same thing: plant based, whole foods. I definitely feel better being gluten and dairy free. I eat meat about twice a week and do have a good amount of fats: olive oil, avocados, nuts. Maybe too much according to the research in this thread. 

Any way- just wanted to say thank you for the info!  

Emy

I think trying to get our vitamins and minerals  through our food is best. Unless there is a known deficiency. And maybe herbs. Since they are in their whole form - just dried. As long as they are not standardized. That may take components out. 

I really like Supreme Nutrition products and feel they are making a huge difference. I'm also thinking the enzymes I'm using are good. As they help breakdown biofilm. 

I've cut supplements down a whole lot. Still cutting out. Will post when I land on a new game plan. 

Glad you are enjoying this thread and  I appreciate the positive feedback. 

Issie

Seeing a new doc - Jennifer Smith a Shoemaker/Klinghardt trained doc in Scottsdale, AZ, for CIRS and MARCONS.  Positive on all accounts.  Highly recommend her. 

Dr Fry no longer sees patients and now feels what he felt was a protozoa is a fungus/mold that still forms biofilm. He us in research only, now.

Issie