Tachycardia Worse Laying Down

My body can get tachy even when I'm lying down, especially in the middle of the night. I also have MVP, so my heart does a lot of weird things. I think you'll find a lot of people here that experience tachycardia not just when standing. The neuro at Mayo who saw me didn't think I had POTS simply because my tachycardia didn't always resolve itself by sitting or lying down. He was going by the strict clinical definition of having tachycardia only upon standing.

As you'll find here, our bodies do not follow any strict medical definition of anything! :) My body has a mind of it's own and will present strange symptoms that doctors don't understand because it's not a "textbook" case of POTS or any other illness.

If you're concerned, then it's always a good idea to keep a log/diary of your symtpoms, blood pressure and heart rate. You can show this to your doctor so they have a clearer understanding of what might be happening or triggering these episodes or give them some clue as to what tests might need to be done, if any.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum :) I also experience tachycardia when lying down. Sitting with legs up seems to work best for me. I believe this has to do with the blood having too much room to move, therefore standing and lying down are both uncomfortable.

take care, Pam