Interesting Gatorade Article

Leigh8

I didn't see that particular ingredient on my powerade label..?

I'm also drinking a powerade zero..maybe it is only in the regular drinks..?

One of the many processed food ingredients I've avoided for some time now. This one is only in certain flavors, usually citrus based (though ironically not in the "classic" Lemon-Lime).

At least most of the original flavors seem to have the least extra junk, FWIW.

Keep in mind that the "food colors" are based off of coal tar. Another big one I wish they would do away with.

Gatorader and powerade zero help me a lot on an empty stomach.

But you can make your own Dr. Oz gatorade at home without the additives.

You can also consume things like bananas and OTC vitamins.

I tried baking soda one time for hydration, but it made me swell up like a balloon and retain water.

Maybe helpful in extreme cases.

Very interesting article! You have to wonder about how much of the stuff in our food and evironments is not very good for us!

I actually hardly ever drink gatorade anymore, simply because after the first month of it I couldn't even look at another bottle of the stuff LOL. It just has a taste that I can't handle much of...possibly because of the sweetness. So I started going to our local "outdoors" store, where you buy stuff for hiking, camping and all those outdoors kinds of activities, and they have lots of different choices of electrolyte enhanced products (tabs and powders) you just mix in a bottle of water. It's supposed to fight dehydration when you're off climbing mountains...but works great for Potsies too! :D You definitely have to try a few brands because some taste better than others, but in my book, all of them taste better than gatorate any day...and now seeing that article makes me even happier to use this stuff instead.

Powerade zero I'd not as sweet as Gatorade and is a favorite of mine. I too find Gatorade to be sweet tasting.