Trauma And Pots Onset

joyagh

Trauma and POTS onset  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mine came on after I was up for 22+ hours - very sleep deprived - very dehydrated. Made the mistake of pushing my body too far and then ran up the stairs holding my breath and that was the beginning - thought I was going to die that day! Immediate onset of palpitations, fluttering, low blood pressure, etc. Have never been the same since.

Mine came on after I was up for 22+ hours - very sleep deprived - very dehydrated. Made the mistake of pushing my body too far and then ran up the stairs holding my breath and that was the beginning - thought I was going to die that day! Immediate onset of palpitations, fluttering, low blood pressure, etc. Have never been the same since.

Man, im sorry to hear about it. I know what its like to look back and say "i wish i hadnt done that". I had sudden onset symptoms that have never left, actually gotten worse. I also have extreme exertion intolerance----sudden blood pressure spike and im toast.

Perhaps your various nervous systems will heal with time, management, diet. Definitely avoid processed foods, MSG, all alcohol, caffeine, dairy, and even gluten if you think it will help.

Natural is best. Swimming is also the best excercise--no oeverheating issues and youre weightless in the water. Good luck.

First of all, Mytwogirlsrox, wow! That is certainly traumatic and scary! :(

I've had hyperPOTs for 2 years now. My husband broke his back snowboarding right before I got sick...I was feeling "off" prior to that, though it was definitely a steady decline after his incident. I have wondered if it had anything to do with the stress of that (he had to go by ambulance to see a neuro surgeon because his burst fracture was so close to damaging his spinal chord--fortunately all turned out best case scenario and he healed up perfectly), but my doctor doesn't seem to think that caused it. I got flu-like sick right after staying in the hospital with him, and my doctor thinks I may have picked up a virus while there that set everything off...but sometimes I still wonder if the stress had anything to do with it, at least partially.

• 2 weeks later...

P.S. My first symptoms while pregnant were inability to stand still in lines and fatigue, but I thought this was normal for all pregnant women... After delivery I was incapable of standing and sitting and my heart rate was over 170 in supine position. I thought I WAS DYING, it was like the worst possible panic attack x 100.. I left the l&d yard in a wheelchair and have been bedridden ever since with terrible lightheadedness, fatigue and OI :(

• 3 weeks later...