Zoloft + Wellbutrin?

jknh9

Has anyone tried these two medications together? I've been on 100 mg of Zoloft for a couple of years now, but I've been having a flare-up of symptoms for the past few months, and my cardiologist just prescribed Wellbutrin to be taken in conjunction with Zoloft. Zoloft was horrible to get accustomed to, so I am really wary of adding something to it. I wasn't sure if this is a standard combination of medications, either.

I took Zoloft about 12 years ago (when I was considerably healthier) and just couldn't tolerate the brain fog. I then ended up taking a low dose of Wellbutrin during the day, as well as a very low dose of Paxil about 6 hours before bed to help with sleep. I found the Wellbutrin and Paxil combo good and took it for years. I'm very drug-sensitive, so less than 1/4 of the recommended dosages worked fine for me. (Again, I was considerably healthier then- I'm not sure how I would react now.) The Wellbutrin has more of a stimulating effect, whereas the Paxil can be quite sedating.

I know that doesn't answer your question specifically, but I hope it helps!

Thanks for your input, targs66 :) I appreciate it!

I'm also really drug-sensitive, that's why I'm a little wary of adding anything new. My doctor prescribed 75 mg of Wellbutrin, which seems pretty low, but even so I'm thinking about taking only part of it at first.