Hot Then Cold

Sheila1366

I use to be so cold all the time, now I go from hot to cold all the time. it makes sleeping very difficult. Not sure what this new symptom means. Anyone else have this problem?

Oh yes, I use to sleep with 2 quilts and 2 blankets on my bed and long sleave and long legged PJ's and was still cold. Now I sleep with just a comforter, the window open all winter and the lightest PJ's I can find. Some times I get so hot it all comes off then I get cold. Durring the day the same thing happens. The temp in the house stays the same but aI go through Hot and Cold spells. I dress in layers and have blankets around to handle what I feel like.

I was wondering if I need to see my gyn about this, maybe ,menopuase. But I do remember reading that dysautonomia can cause problems with regulating temp. I don't normally sweat, not like I use too but I am having these awful spells of being hot then less than a minute later( after kicking off the covers) I am cold. Not fun for my husband to sleep that way. Poor guy. Kept him up alot last night, again.

I have noticed that I am getting worse in all areas...gastroparesis,coloninc inerita,dysatuonomia...it is all getting worse.

Im always cold as well.. and I really don't tolerate the winter months well...

This past weekend, I went to Old Navy shopping with my parents. Everything was going as well as i could have expected, but then suddenly my whole body turned a firetruck shade of red. The grossest was the layer of clammy sweat on my back... which is also strange, because i hardly even sweat when i was running (especially not on my back).

It didn't go away until about an hour later, when I was freezing cold again.

i dont sweat much when I exercise but all of a sudden I will just be sitting there and start sweating where chest is wet and back is wet(normally cold). If it is menopause, I have been in menopause since before i was 20. Sometimes wake up at night and sheets are wet with sweat. just a symptom of ncs and pots from what doctors say.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me too, especially at night. I too am constantly pulling the comforter up and pushing it down. As a result, I don't get much consistant sleep. Luckily for me, my hubs is a heavy sleeper. I also asked my dr. about menopause, am tested each year and results come back the same, "you are far from it". UGH!! It is a pain. Sometimes I can just be sitting on the couch and I'm cold and the next minute I have sweat dripping down my neck and back. I don't get red though, that I know of. Don't have any answers, sorry, but sure do feel your pain.