What Is Your Worst Pots/dysautonomia Symptom?

Leigh8

What is your WORST POTS/dysautonomia symptom?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exertion intolerance along with heat intolerance.

Any sudden spike of my blood pressure suddenly makes me sick for 24 hours.

This year watching football i jumped out of a chair and paid for it.

It makes me exhausted and tachy, like im living in a glass body.

I walk most days, but i ease into it. I can jog a bit after walking for awhile. The key is

slow and steady.

Ive learned to super hydrate using salt prior. This makes me sweat (my primary DA issue).

Im one who almost never feels thirsty so i have to hydrate intentionally to make sure i sweat

to make sure i dont overheat and get tachy. Overheating is a major flare inducer.

Also causes respiration problems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find it really interesting that no one has voted fainting. I voted lightheadedness and then looked at the other votes, and expected there to be lots of votes for fainting. People have always found it weird that I'm more concerned with the feelings of presyncope than fainting itself, but finally I'm not alone! :D When I faint, although really distressing (not to mention the fear of head injury), no one expects anything of me at that time, and it's clear to everyone that I'm ill. The pre syncope is worse in a way because I can look absolutely fine on the outside, while inside I'm going through ****. It's isolating and scary, and it lasts far longer than fainting.

I can't deal with the heat intolerance.its the worst thing ever. Then presyncope next.

So difficult to pick one. Chest pains are scary. Feeling like I don't know how to breathe is scary. Nausea and vertigo are terrible feelings. However, I choose insomnia because when I am able to get 9hrs of sleep, I typically feel much better and often don't have the chest pains, breathing problems, nausea, although lightheadedness may still come and go. However, I can't get the sleep I need without the aid of drugs which I don't like to take continuously.

• 1 month later...

hands down my worst symptom is chest tightness/ shortness of breath. I aways explained it as if there was a toddler sitting on my chest. Second to that is my heat intolerance. I have all the other stuff too but i sometimes think i would take the other stuff any day over the shortness of breath and not being able to go out in the summer!!

• 1 year later...

This has been an interesting thread. My name says it all, constant dizziness with episodic vertigo and debilitating fatigue. They effect my head so much. And completely wipe me out.

Can so relate dizzygirls. It is mentally, physically and emotionally draining. My bday last wk was even too much. All because I had 2 phone calls thrown in. I find it so hard to talk most the time and then it flares my head symptoms. Thinking of u and your daughters.