What Is Your Worst Pots/dysautonomia Symptom?

Leigh8

What is your WORST POTS/dysautonomia symptom?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightheadedness/dizziness-it's almost constant and is my most disabling symptom.

For me all these are equal, on standing fatigue, body pain and and in a warm enviornment I can't control my body temperature and feel awful. I also have a lot of right abd/pelvic pain. I'm hyper though not hypo. I only get those hypo symptoms right as I'm having a presyncope event, which thankfully doesn't happen often, but will happen with heat, motion and/or exertion.

I voted lightheadedness, but when I've reached my limit on standing, I simultaneously reach my limit on upper abdominal pressure. I swear it is like all my blood settles in my chest/upper abdomen, and that in turn makes me become short of breath. At that point, I know to sit. It takes an hour or more for that feeling to go away, whereas it only takes 10-20 minutes for the lightheaded/weird head feeling to go away

For me all these are equal, on standing fatigue, body pain and and in a warm enviornment I can't control my body temperature and feel awful. I also have a lot of right abd/pelvic pain. I'm hyper though not hypo. I only get those hypo symptoms right as I'm having a presyncope event, which thankfully doesn't happen often, but will happen with heat, motion and/or exertion.

I suffer from that right abd/pelvic pain as well...As a matter of fact, I'm dealing with it right now. It started last Thursday and here we are over a week later, still suffering. All tests show nothing. Explanation is that it is IBS. Geeeezzzz, we are plagued with so many different things. :-(

I voted the fatigue, cos that the result of many of the above. When i was younger fainting and ligthheadigness would have been it. But now it so many tings combind. And Its not always the same that is worse. Some days is the dizzyness, other insomnia, Then it migth be nausa. This syndrom is a giving one. But what it all give me in the end is fatigue. A wheelchair makes the fainting low on the list now:)...

Not very long ago, I would have voted for light headedness/ dizziness/ pre-syncope. Lately, I have been having a lot of breathing issues, which have been pretty unsettling. And the fact that it hits at any time makes it potentially very embarrassing too. The other day I was at yoga and during the supposedly relaxing breathing part of the practice, I started getting the "not breathing right or getting enough oxygen" feeling, and I about had a panic attack right there in class! ;P That certainly would have been quite the spectacle! Fortunately, it passed fairly quickly and after a quick step out, I was able to get back to the remainder of the class. I think the worst part, though, is the sleepless nights from it.

I'd have to say it is a close call, but seeing as how it has been something that has practically untreatable I'd say the excessive sweating/temperature sensitivity. They seem to come along together, and trying to work on things with clammy hands or be around others and be sweating all over is just super unpleasant.

The migraines have proven to be better to control, but they royally suck too. Having had them for so long, I have gotten used to tolerating large amounts of pain, I guess.