Poll: Typical Standing Heart Rate

sarahm

Typical Standing Heart Rate  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree knowing your standing heart rate, unless it is very high, is only half the picture. My resting heart rate is in the low 50's and has gone lower. Though my standing was going to 100-115's before diagnosis, when you look at the rise from the 50's to 110, that is a huge swing.

My sitting hr in 90's didn't ever attract attention. My point if you start in the 50's and only go to the 90's that still is a big rise, and can be missed.

I still every morning before I move or sit up check my bp/hr will supine, then I have my baseline for the day. Though day to day it is pretty consistant on waking. I just wish it was that perfect when I stood. I used to get brady and hypo during sleep, so that is better now.

Thanks for adding. You'd also be surprised at how low some of our resting heart rates are too. Yes my vote is with labetalol on board, but we are also treating my immune and autoimmune conditions and those treatments have also improved it. I was much worse before treatment. Many of the long timers here have been on treatment for awhile.

If you'd like to you could also add that question, are these heart rates with or without treatment.

I don't know your medical history or symptoms. I also had trouble with medications lowering me I went through a bunch of blood pressure meds that my body would overcome eventually, because my blood was pooling and my body was trying to force blood up to the brain by raising my blood pressure and constricting my blood vessels to do so. I then would become hypotensive/brady when supine.

Labetalol is a short acting alpha beta so it effects both responses.

Mine varies too much to fit into this. Without meds, it seems that my typical HR is 50s-60s lying down flat, 60s-70s lying down propped up, 70s-80s sitting up, and when I stand up it goes up into the 90s and 100s. Now that I'm on oodles of antihistamines, it doesn't seem to go up when I stand up.

• 2 weeks later...

resting usually 65-80, varies. sitting 80-100 varies. standing 110 - high 120's. Sometimes even sitting in 120's on random odd days. I'm not on any bb meds. & like Batik my standing hr much improved when I started antihistamines, also improving my bp swings. It used to be 140's to 160's standing in the a.m.

Laying 65-80

sitting 70-135

standing 120-180 varies greatly without any precipitating factors (that Im aware of)

Not on any BB's due to BP not being able to be kept up, this is after treatment with meds. and methods listed below

This was much very much higher 6 months ago and higher even on Propranolol 80 BID, but as I have been running and tapering Propranolol I keep standing HR under 100. When it goes over I back up and increase B-blocker a little. Running seems to help lower it somehow. I never passed out from my POTS ( hyper type ) but it has been very hard building up running and still very slow compared to a not POTS person. I am now on 3.75mg Propranolol LA and HR has crept back above 100 so I will probably go back to 3.75 BID, just trying to see if it will go back down, as I feel close to getting off Propranolol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest maia

Resting is about 60 and goes lower when i sleep and standing about 135 before i have to sit because I cant breathe. If im ill, havent slept, or am dehydrated etc, just as sisblostg says, its 90's to 150+ and i feel like ive been run over by a truck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...