Restricted Diets

Angela

I do. I don't eat gluten, eggs, dairy, nuts, garlic/onions or apples/pears. I got allergy tested, and these things popped up as bad delayed allergies (ie not anaphylactic but my body doesn't tolerate them). The test is fairly controversial as far as how effective it is, but I have seen significant improvement in my digestive issues. If I fall off the diet (which is easy to do) not only will my skin be worse, but ill have stomach issues/nausea etc for the next couple days.

Been on this diet for about a month- tbh I hate it- but definitely feel better when I follow it.

One of my physicians suggested I try a gluten-free diet so...I tried...a couple of months and I had enough! I was starving to death and felt so much worse that I gave up. I have a friend who has MS and it has made a world of difference for her - I think you have to try but, be aware it may not work or be happy it does work!

Gluten, dairy, eggs, corn free. Helps me with energy, brain fog, depression, etc. I feel more calm and my POTS symptoms are better.

I had a free for all no restrictions diet in July for a month, it took 2 weeks to start showing its effects, but it wasn't pleasant after that. Then I went cold turkey on the things I mentioned and had really bad withdrawal symptoms for 4 days. After that though, it was as if I could see clearly again.

I'm on the paleo / wahls diet (minus 6 cups of veggies) due to food intolerances. Symptoms include ataxia, ibs, gerd, seizures,

phlegm and shiners. The mc protocal is helping my oi but I don't think mine's food related. If it is I haven't figured it out yet.

Please don't take this personally. I don't mean it that way but I get a kick out of people calling diets restrictive now that I've learned to eat a bigger healthier variety of foods than I ever ate before.

Google has made it easy to learn how to prepare raw vegan, indian, ethiopian, chinese, etc etc.

And the gf trend has made more grains and seeds available than we've ever seen. I just bought

teff and quinoa the other day. I'm planning on making injera an ethiopian bread. I found a recipe for quinoa chips that I'll be trying next. I'll eat the bread and chips in moderation of course because of my hyperinsulinemia. I can have the ethiopian veggies tho.

Tc .. D

I agree with Dizzy. My food allergies have actually taught me to be a better cook because I can no longer tolerate the things I used to eat routinely.

So I don't think of my diet as restrictive, it's actually been liberating. I try new foods frequently and I finally feel like I'm eating a truly 'varied' diet.

My son has been wanting to lose some weight. So I asked our GP what I could do for diet. He suggested that he stay on 1800 calories and keep it balanced. So he has been losing 1 to 2 pounds a week. He eats protein at every meal with a fruit or vegetable and sometimes both. He has lemon in his water and also has a protein shake 3 times a day. This shake is mixed in 6 ounces of fat free milk. What is amazing is that his mood is better, he does not tire as easily, and he is able to think clearer and focus on school work.

I am gluten free. I was diagnosed with IBS. Almost totally resolved with a ZERO gluten diet ( so I'm guessing I dont have IBS :) My daughter recently had to go off dairy and I went off with her. I am even better. I miss cheese but am finding new ways and new foods to cook and eat.

It took me months ( i think between 3 and 6? ) to feel better. I highly recommend thinking about g-free. It helps a lot of people, but for me I had to eliminate it completely.

I'm gluten free since Oct 1. I didn't find it a difficult transition honestly. It has not helped my POTS but it has lessened the pain/inflammation in my joints and any relief is welcome. I also find that I have more energy most days. That is a double edged sword because more energy makes me feel like I can do more but my heart rate doesn't always agree so I have to be careful.