After Trigeminal Neuralgia, Fibromyalgia Diagnosis, Much Better!!

bellgirl

Finally, after my two weeks of intense pain with Trigeminal Neuralgia and my suggestion of Neurontin for the nerve pain, and appointment with the Rheumatologist and treatment for fibromyalgia, increasing the dose of Neurontin to just 300mg twice a day, I am so much better!!. Yes, I still have my moments of dizziness and am limited in the energy department, but if I am wise with the time I have each day, and listen to my body and don't over do, I'm almost "normal". I didn't realize I was in so much pain, and so tense, muscle wise. I'm starting a yoga class to add to my elliptical, and hopefully, that will help with my rigidity, along with all the meds!! I am very hopeful, and am living each day being thankful. :) Thanks guys for all the support over the last year ^_^ Joy, Kim

Hi Kim,

So glad to hear you so upbeat! This is great news. Hey, I know what you mean about not realizing how tense you are. I lived like that most of my life. Yoga has been a godsend for me. I hope you like it. It has really helped me get in touch with myself in every way, and I was pretty skeptical at first. Now I'm a convert and I go to class three times a week.

Have fun!

Marsha

Thanks for listening, and being supportive. I've been helping, encouraging and supporting others on some Face book sites, too, so I'm very busy with that, and have been attending bible study and getting ready for our Christmas singing for the choir, too. My son, also just recently moved, and we have been helping with that, as well, so my plate is full; but, I'm very satisfied, and thankful for all that we have together as a family. My other son, and his wife, who live in Louisiana will be here for Thanksgiving, so I need to get ready for that, as well. It's a busy time; hopefully I'll be on more after the New Year!! :)

I started on a small dose for the trigeminal neuralgia, only 300 mg at night, and then the Rheumatologist upped my dose to 300mg twice a day for the fibromyalgia. It's amazing the difference it has made!! No side effects thus far. I've been on the increased dose since the 25th of October, but have been on it for about a month now, I'd guess.