Ssi/denied Twice

Darlene

i applied for ssi about 8 months ago. i have been denied twice. about how long does it usually take to get a hearing? the denial letters say i can adjust to some kind of work. if that was the case, don't they think that's what i would be doing that. i feel so sick, pretty much everyday. the people that decide my case, i bet they miss work when they have the flu. well, that's how i feel every day.

Sorry, I know how disappointing it is. I was denied twice too. I hired an attorney. I can't go through this anymore and it's worth the 20% to not have to deal with it. She told me to expect a hearing in about a year. A YEAR. It's already almost a year since I initially applied... so it'll be at least a two year process for me. The wait time might depend on what state you live in. You might consider an attorney - I think they know the ins and outs of the system better than we do and will be able to present the case better than we can.

I appealed my denial in Janurary of this year and nothing yet. Its been 11 months since my second denial and im so over all this. my lawyer said it could take up to15 months and then ANOTHER 3 months after to grt my decison. Its been almost two years since i applied in Janurary of 2011. The whole thing is ridiculous and they really need to figure out how to speed up this system.

I was denied the first time for SSDI. Then I got an attorney and about a year later i got an approval letter from an ALJ. It's a long process. I have horrible credit bc I was unable to pay my bills while waiting for an approval.

yeah it usually is a year or longer, but i have heard of people getting it in ten months. Also they have OTR (on the record) where you dont even need to have a court hearing. Honestly to keepmsane during these last 11 months, i have been building up my medical records. I havent had so many appts. in one period before, so its been crazy, but a good distraction.

I am hoping to at least have a date set by Christmas, but i know it could take until March of next year :/

Oh my credit is shot from getting sick at 18 and letting credit cards and other bills go. Also never ending student loans.

Haha just read the grid rules, and if you are between the ages of 18-44 AND can speak English or literate, you are not disabled? Thankfully I know plenty of people my own age on disability or I would have no hope lol