Pressure's Better, Tachy's Worse

imapumpkin

Since it's started to get colder (or for whatever reason because obviously POTS has a mind of its own) my blood pressure has been doing better this week. Normally I hang out somewhere around 95/55 but this week I've been doing 112/70 ish range. However, my heart rate has not been lower than 94 and is often 112-120 at rest.

The past two days have been a complete drain on my energy. I know what to do to adjust my bp symptoms (stockings, increased salt intake, constant fluid with electrolyte intake) but there's really not anything I can do about the constantly pounding heart and its exhausting me. Beta blockers worked miracles but apparetnly i don't tolerate them. I thought since my pressure is doing better my tachy might chill out? How does one know if their symptoms are better? I just don't know what to do to feel better at all. sleep and rest don't help. trying to be active doesn't help. i wish more of the medical community knew about this stuff and could help us deal with it.

I am in the same boat as you....Hopefully someone has a few ideas for us! :)

Talk to your dr, but he same thing that you do to increase your BP might help with your HR. Your BP may actually be higher because your HR is faster When I have rapid HR and normal BP, I often wear compression hose and that helps lower my HR. This is the same reason that many BP meds help with POTS - if the body is able to maintain BP on its own, it can ease the burden on the heart. I've also used beta blockers on those days where the HR just doesn't calm down on its own.