Good luck, Tearose!

Merrill

Hi Tearose, I have been away from home for a few days without PC access so I am just catching up on news. Sorry things didn't go as well as they could have but sounds like you are taking care of yourself. I will keep sending those positive thoughts as you await your results.

Hi Tearose. My prayers are with you too. I really believe prayers have a special power. All the warm wishes and thoughts must give you warm fuzzies. It seems that our bodies bounce back so slowly from any insult, even a cold. You went through much worse. I hope that news from your biopsy tomorrow will be a relief and add psychological fuel to a more rapid physical recovery.

Anesthesia scares me. I do agree that a lot of physicians don't know much about dysautonomia. Most nurses have not even heard of POTS. Before my c section, my OB recommended a specific anesthesiologist. I spoke with the anesthesiologist by phone weeks before the surgery to discuss the plan. I hope that other anesthesiologists will allow that.

Karyn

sis

Guest tearose

Thank you all for holding me in your hearts and prayers and meditations! I do feel you support and affection and I am humbled.

I will catch a train about 8 am and my appointment is at 10:30am. This is for the surgeon to be sure I am healing well, which I do feel I am doing...and to give me the biopsy results.

I'm about to refresh my pots-tote-bag-travel-survival-kit n'-seatcane. Then it is off to try to get some good sleep!

I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you once again for allowing me to share my journey with you and for being by my side through thick and thin!

in friendship and with a lot of warm fuzzies back to you, tearose

Guest tearose

Hi all! The news is GOOD! :)

See, I was right..I'm not growing any cancer I'm harvesting Breast Pearls! :(

I'm a-okay! No malignant cells! Good for another 80,000,000 miles! Healing well too!

Thank you for your concern and support. All your kindness helped me get through this. Now back to the original dilemma... to use or not to use the heart rate monitor...

I'm so rattled from all the recent poking, stabbing and squeezing that I still cannot decide so I haven't worn my monitor in three weeks now. This is a big part of my treatment for managing my pots so I'll have to get stronger and make a decision.

As earth mother mentioned, we can become sensitive enough to sense what is happening with our heartrate and to some extent I can do this wtih both heart rate and blood pressure... I will see if I can manage without the monitor for awhile..

I am so tired and "spent" or rather have overspent my energy points...so bye for now. I see a nap coming on.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tearose :ph34r:

Tearose, I was waiting to see your post! I am so glad that you had good news today. The trauma of tests and waiting on results can be so wearing but now it is behind you.

As for the heart rate monitor, I don't know what the correct answer is on that one. I don't use everyday -- just when leaving the house, which isn't that often. I, too, feel like I have a good idea where my HR and BP are most of the time but occasionally I can get to 120 HR and it takes becoming symptomatic before I realize something is going on. Did your doctors have an opinion on whether the heart monitor COULD be responsible for your "pearls"?

Well, have a nice long nap and order in dinner tonight...don't forget dessert!!

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

that is my huge sigh of relief.

i too have been waiting to see your post....

so glad you posted....even if you didn't really have the energy points to do so...

energy points??? what's that??? i'm not sure i have any either....but hey, that's a whone nother can 'o worms.

okay, gotta go.

my dad just got back from a trip and he came over and is talking non-stop. i guess i see where i get if from. but, i am worn out.

tea...please take extra-special care of yourself k?????

eat some dessert for me....i am on a diet 'free' of everything and i want sweets! so, eat for me!

love and hugs and a big yeah!

emily

Tearose,

That's great news! I am so happy it was benign.

I, personally, would skip the heart monitor. I think it would make me paranoid and might make me feel worse. I agree that we can usually sense when something isn't right or when we're about to go downhill, and you could always check your pulse, which is what I do.

But you need to be comfortable with your decision, so if you feel safer wearing it, then so be it. I am sure whatever you decide, you will be fine!

Amy

Guest Julia59

Tearose,

So glad the news was good!! I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief---Whew......

Now it's time to play catch up with rest & relaxation.

And by all means----do treat yourself to a little something yummy.

Do I see something chocolate in the future............. :)

Julie :0)

Yeah Tearose!!!!

Isn't it amazing to have your breasts on so many people's minds! :-)

You have been in our heart and thoughts these many days. Thank you so much for sharing the good news.

As I was waiting and cold today in the cardio's exam room ... I closed my eyes and FELT everyone here. It was like being supported from all sides.

Sometimes this place is simply beyond words.

Good thoughts to all on your healing journey.

EM

Tearose,

I was thinking about you today. I'm sooooo happy to hear everything is benign.

As for wearing your heart monitor, perhaps you could try only wearing it in situations that you feel you really should monitor your HR; such as on a trip, or while exercising or if you know you're going to be out in the heat for a long period of time, etc. but otherwise you could try getting by without it most of the time?

I always like compromises! :)

Regardless, I'm just glad you're gonna be okay. Hope you get a good night's sleep!

Hugs,

Gena