Good luck, Tearose!

Merrill

Tearose, good luck with your procedure tomorrow! I hope you see this before you leave home... Please know that we'll be pulling for you and hoping for a pain-free procedure, an easy recovery ... and the best of all possible outcomes. Treat yourself to a cookie and a strong cup of coffee when you come home. Keep us posted when you are able ... :lol:

m

Tearose, I also want to add my positive thoughts for you. Hopefully you are getting a good nites rest tonight and will be well rested before you start your day tomorrow. I know you have your POTS bag carefully packed so no need to remind you of anything to do or take with you! I'll just say TAKE CARE.

Guest tearose

Hi good buddies, it was so nice of you to keep me in your thoughts! I felt that invisible blanket of support all the way here! You are such a special bunch!

I had a bit of rough time cause my bp dropped so low. First I had to have the wire location done to locate the clip placed last week inside, and near the cluster of suspicious calcifications. After a few minutes of sitting absolutely still I had those white spots and knew my pressure was dropping. To keep me from fainting the radiologist and the doctor placing the wire had to sit on the floor and compress my legs by holding and squeezing them...with my booblet clamped in the machine! (some sight right?) After a few minutes I could feel my brain getting blood again and I felt improved. I was relieved when I made it through the first part. Then, I reported for surgery with blood pressure of 89/46. Even though I was told "don't worry if you present with low bp, the anesthesiologist can handle that" when I finally did meet and speak with the anesthesiologist, he said "had I known, I would have started you on IV hydration earlier". Hey, what else could I do? I did tell them beforehand, I told three people, was I suppose to scream it at them? Maybe we need an information card to hand to them when we are booking surgery. I think that POTS is still misunderstood and this again demonstrates this. Now I know to make a bigger deal of it beforehand...I kinda wanted to believe it wasn't going to be a big deal, I guess I am guilty of "not wanting to rock the boat"... Anyway my bp swung around 70/30 during surgery....I spent a lot of time in recover. Three hours. They gave me a lot of IV to get me hydrated, during and after. So, the surgery itself went wonderfully, I had a good surgeon and was on IV/twilight anesthesia. For me, the problem was handling the POTS. I did request thigh-high compression in the recover room. I finally got home around 7 last night and I feel much stronger than I did yesterday! I am little groggy and still and my pressure is low. I am drinking a lot and snacking and resting. I will get the pathology report Monday when I have my follow up with the surgeon.

Thank you for your encouragement!

droopy but getting stronger, tearose

Glad you made it through Tearose without too many complications. That procedure sounds painful...I was feeling your pain! I don't think I could handle surgery the way you do! Such a trooper and such a great attitude. Hopefully your recovery will go nicely and I'll pray for you to get good news on Monday. :)

Hi Tearose,

It's nice to read that you made it home.

I have the same problem with doctors. I tell them before hand that I will have BP problems and they don't believe me. It's seems every time is a first for them.

Good luck with your recovery.

Ernie

tea!

that is sooo frustrating about them not telling the anaesthesiologist!

i just figured they would do that. at least when you saw the anas. he knew WHAT dysautonomia was and how to handle it!

i will give my surgeon credit, big credit, now that i hear your story. he scheduled me for the very first surgery of the morning and had the hydration started immediately. the staff was incredibly attentive. it was a wonderfully positive experience...until post surgery! and then, well you all know the story.

i had those funny pumping machines on my legs post-surgery! the nurses were sometimes terribly rude to me and never checked my bp, and one nurse didn't put them back on...and let me tell you, i could feel myself fading fast! those things really worked.

oops, i am rambling! sorry.

i hear you about not wanting to have to scream in their face! one of the nurses actually said to me...it's not right, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. it's not in our personalities to have to go beyond being assertive. but, i am learning sometimes, i have had to be aggressive and it stinks. and it's exhausting when you feel, well, poopy, as morgan would say.

i am listening to cantors: a faith in song. gorgeous! you would love it.

well, if you are reading this...gotcha! you should be resting my dear! and then again, so should i. so much for being a role model for us all heroe...oh well.

i'm sorry that procedure was a bigger deal than expected. i swear, if i'd know how this post-surgery junk was gonna be...i never would have made it into the OR without being seriously drugged ahead of time!

anyway, please let us know the 'report' when you are up for it. no matter what, we'll all be here holding you up. but, i'm really praying hard that everything is 'clear' and you will have a break from all of this medical stuff!

goodnight...

emily

Hi Tearose! I am SO happy you are ok....What an ordeal!

Typical Dr's... Sometimes I wonder if they are even listening to us when we speak..... But Thank God it all went for the best ......

I'm keeping you in my thoughts... get lots of rest and take good care of yourself :P

Guest Julia59

Tearose,

I went through all the posts playing catch up and read about your recent adventure with all of this. What a time this has been for you. Please take the best care of yourself. I'm praying for a good report from the biopsy. :P

Whew----i'm glad the radiologist and Doc did some quick thinking and got things under control. I'm also happy to hear you came out of surgery OK.

I wish only the best for you----you are truly a wonderful and positive influence to us all.

Like dancing light suggested-----some nice soothing music. I love Jazz---soothing---and uplifting at the same time. Whatever music you like----that's what works.

Healthy wishes, :)

Julie :0)

Hi Tearose,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but I am really behind on reading posts. You are such a trooper. I am glad you survived the surgery. I had a couple of benign breast lumps removed back in college, so I can relate to your experience. It is especially weird to have local anesthesia and be awake during the surgery! :P Also, thanks for also posting your question about whether the heart rate monitor is related. I had already started to cut back on the use, and this is another factor to consider.

-Rita

Guest tearose

just a quick hello and thanks for keeping me in your prayers/thoughts/meditations!

I'm posting a little, eating a little, resting a little, being my silly self a little and so it goes...

I'm coming around...

I'm not using my heart monitor.

I get the results Monday.

with hugs and appreciation, tearose

Thinking about the heart monitor ... (though I have no doubt it is completely unrelated to the issues you are addressing with the new tests)

What I noticed when I used one some time ago, is that I began to get a really good sense of what my heart rate was intuitively. As it is now, I simply use a finger gage every now and then. Most of the time, I "know" what it will read. I'll think to myself ... I'm feeling rather tachi, then I get out my finger pulse meter and see Yep! I'm at 110, better sit down. Or I'll be feeling really confused and out of sorts and think ... bet my pulse is too low and I'll slip my pulse meter out of my purse and sure enough I'm way below my "normal."

Sometimes after a while we just begin to know .....

Gee I wish that worked for picking lottery ticket numbers!

Good thoughts your way.

EM

Guest tearose

Hi everyone,

thanks for thinking of me, I've been taking things slow and feeling like little shocks are going off in my body. Not fun. My lymphedema acted up and I'm having a hard time finding my balance. I do think I am healing well from the surgery. I think what I am dealing with are the aftereffects of the anesthesia and rapid infusion of the hydration IV...

I even went to my local medical group today for a stat blood test to check my potassium and sodium levels. They are fine. So why does my body ache and my kidneys feel overworked?

time is passing quick enough...thank you for your blankets and hugs and soothing words, Monday is round the corner now.

take care, tearose