Roller Coaster Drop Feeling In Head?

brethor9

So this is going to sound weird....has anyone experienced like a sudden dropping/shunting sensation in their head?? This happened to me today. I wasn't doing anything but sitting and watching T.V......all of the sudden boom its like my head inside dropped like an elevator and since that happened I am horribly dizzy, I have a slight headache, neck pain and a little nauseous. I used to get sort of similar sensations in the past (felt like I was having a stroke) but it has been a long time....it just came so out of the blue and I am not sure what caused it. I am not slurring, no numbness or severe pain....like I said just a soft headache....could it be the start of a migraine? any ideas?

Bren

Guest mattgreen

This happens to me from time to time when I try and sleep. I lose feeling in my legs and then my head spins as if I am free-falling on a roller-coaster It can be quite persistent.

I get this alot lately. Feels like pressure in my head and I am gonna pass out from it. Comes on for no reason.

Wow! I'm glad (also sorry) that I am not the only one who has this! I was trying to watch TV last night when - Wham! all of a sudden the room turned sideways and I had the sinking feeling like my brain had fallen out and was bouncing around on the floor. It only lasts a few moments but, it comes out of the blue. Today at dinner I had a hint of the same thing - I felt the room begin to turn then it straightened back out again. I sure would like to know what causes these type of symptoms. The nurse in me says "you're about to have a stroke" but, the dysautonomia creature inside says "Hah - it's all part of the game"!

WOW! I feel better knowing I am not crazy having this sensation in my head. It just freaks me out..... E Soskis: yeah Dysautonomia; the gift that keeps on giving!....I know what you mean I also worked in the medical setting and every time it happens I think stroke too! It is just such an alien feeling.....

my home nurse was by the other day and noted my vitals were completely whacked and I ended up having another freaky episode (muscle spasms, shortness of breath, low BP, flushing etc)......when I told her what had been happening she said I was badly dehydrated and low sodium levels can cause these sensations along with the stupid MCAS. So after 3 bottles of gatorade, salt, zantac, benadryl, claritin etc an hour later I was back to feeling my regular crappy self ;)

I haven't had another head sensation since upping my salt and fluids again so hoping that's all it was :)

Bren

Hum...you may be onto something with the salt - I quit taking salt tablets some time back and I know I'm not getting the 6+ grams/day that I'm supposed to have - maybe I'll try the tablets again - there is only one pharmacy here in town that compounds salt tablets - I guess I could just take regular table salt - yum...sounds appetizing doesn't it!

Haven't thought of that either. I am dealing with serious motitly problems too and on a liquid diet again, hard to get in enough nutrition this way. I do cheat and eat some saltines for the salt. gatorade makes me so sick but will give it a try again to see if it helps.