Propranalol Burning Sensation

cammee

I feel your pain. Literally, and I'm sorry you're going through this.

Hopefully your dr will be more understanding than mine who doesn't think my symptoms - particularly the burning pins and needles in my feet, hands, face and scalp - are side effects of the meds (propranolol and bisoprolol before that).

In my case the sensations come and go randomly, and I was unable to see any relationship between the amount of propranolol I take and the intensity of the symptoms.

I don't want to sound like giving medical advice, but if you've been on propranolol or any beta blocker for a while, discontinuing it cold turkey may not be the best idea.

I'd be curious to see what others have to say about this.

Alex

Hum, curious - I note the other meds you are on and any of them could cause those symptoms - do you have symptoms of an allergic response? - rash, itching, flushing, tightness in ears, throat issues, sore, etc...? If the propranolol is a new drug for you and you started those symptoms after the first dose or two, then I would be concerned about a drug allergy. You definitely need to run this by your physician - if you develop signs of anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction), you need to be in the ER - it's worth noting that you can tolerate a drug for a long time then all of a sudden develop an allergic reaction to it - seemingly out of the blue - so, I guess anything is possible. Dysautonomia itself can cause unusual tingling and prickling sensation in extremities but flushed with skin burning is more likely some type of reaction - also can't rule out some odd blood disorder caused by one of your prescription meds....

Let us know what your MD has to say - if it is a problelm with the propranolol, I would like to know what kind of reaction it is as I am on 40 mg of propranolol every 4 hours - Hum.....