Florinef Treating Other Symptoms Other Than Blood Volume?

brethor9

Hi all :)

So I am curious about Florinef and if anyone has noticed that it helps alleviate symptoms other than blood volume, dizziness and lightheadedness?

I recently started the MCAS protocol and thought that it may be possible to start lowering my dose or stop the florinef and see what happens. I have tried to do this several time in the past and each time about a week after reducing or stopping I crash badly. It isn't related to blood volume though....I get incredibly moody and irritable, my stomach becomes intolerable with pain, bloating and severe indigestion despite being on tons of antihistamines and zantac. I start to have more muscle and bone pain and basically just feel horrible :( After a couple of days of going back on florinef all of these symptoms start to settle down again. I was reading that florinef is almost identical to cortisol (one binding receptor difference) and cortisol effects estrogen and progesterone etc so I am really wondering what this med does besides fluid volume retention? Has anyone else noticed any other symptoms it helps with and had difficulty stopping it?

Bren

Bren,

you might want to talk to your dr about tapering off the florinef. You are indeed taking a very small dose, but if your body is used to it, stopping it cold turkey might not work for you.

Florinef is used for treating adrenal insufficiency aside from POTS. I am not familiar with the condition, but you cant try searching the net for it, or for florinef withdrawal symptoms. What you're describing sounds familiar but I can't recall where I read about this. I'll get back to you if I find my "resource".

How is your MCAS protocol working for you?

Best,

Alex

Bren,

one website that came to mind is called www.doublecheckmd.com

You can look up fludrocortisone and glucocorticoid withdrawal syndrome under drug search, and/or side effects search.

Also, as I said before, google up adrenal insufficiency.

Good luck.

Alex