2.5 Mg Propanalol

if I were you I'd go back and ask the dr to be more specific. That's just me though. I've learned the hard way that playing with the amounts of meds - particularly the types of meds prescribed for POTS can be quite detrimental to the patient.

It could be that the drs themselves don't have full confidence that their prescription is "right" so they are vague. I've heard something like "take less and go from there" several times since my diagnosis and it didn't really help. In some instances it made things worse. I'm not saying this is your case, or your dr's, but I've learned my lesson and I prefer to play safe.

On the other hand, if you start low, you can always up the dosage.

I'm on 10 mg twice a day, and occasionally I take an extra 10 mg depending on my symptoms. I tried 5 mg for the extra dose, but it doesn't seem to help me.

out of curiosity, is 2.5 mg your dr's suggestion?

Hopefully others will chime in and be more helpful.

Good luck.

Alex

You're more than welcome.

yes, i take 10 mg twice a day- 10 mg upon waking up in the morning and 10 mg before going to bed at night, on a daily basis. The extra 10 mg - i only take that if i get a spike in blood pressure or a nasty bout of tachycardia mid day.

Good luck, hopefully things will work out for you.

Alex

For me it started working right away. I had the same experience with metoprolol (day 1 of taking it I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy) and bisoprolol. Of all 3, propranolol was the only one I could tolerate.

Alex

Its been awhile since i was on inderal/propanolol but if you're sensitive to medications like I am then I would do the low dose like your doctor suggested. I was able to just do 5 mg four times a day and it be effective but I think at one point I even did 2.5... I was also allergic to two previous beta blockers so was nervous to start that one but I seem to tolerate it the best. My only suggestion would be careful not to forget doses cause you could end up with rebound tachycardia. I think its great that your doctor is being careful not to start you on too much, when I first started on it my doctor suggested 40 mg 2x a day cause my heart rate was so high but that landed me in the ER cause obviously my body could not tolerate it.