need some advise

blackwolf

I really need some advise, I hope you folks can help, here goes...

Sunday afternoon I recieved a call from my sis-in-law, wishing us a Happy Easter. We chatted for about 10 minutes, as we got to the end, she asked me what was wrong. I asked her what she ment. SHE SAID I WAS SAYING MY WORDS FUNNY!

I know that I have been a little more than a bubble off lately, and had been kind of just blowing of my speaking, writing and typing errors to brain fog. I guess it just didn't hit me till then that I was not doing so well when it comes to getting what is in my brain out.

DOES ANY ONE ELSE DO THIS, AND SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE!

A side note, I have had alot of chest pain when I breath, I thought it was mabey my viral pleursy come back, but ... no fever, constantly cold and SOB.

I'm very depressed by this turn and my gp said to "make an appointment".

help, mabey I need a shovel

:lol::(:P:lol: blackwolf

Blackwolf,

I have trouble speaking as well, not always but often. I use the wrong words, forget what I wanted to say etc. I also have trouble reading, don't understand easy words in sentences, so that I don't understand these sentences. It's one of the reasons I don't write on PPforum a lot anymore. Using SSRI's made things better and made my mind more clear. Cognitive trouble stays. Last week I couldn't remember where I had hidden my son's birthday present. I had to call my husband at work who told me that I had asked him to put the present in his pedestal cupboard. My son had asked him the night before if I knew where his present was and he told him not to worry. I'm trying to live with this, but boy I HATE it. Best wishes,

Corina

Corina- I too, am often goofed up, but this is getting out of hand, I am a speedy(60-75 words per minute) typer and have crawled to a grinding halt, my mistakes are nearly every word, unless I slow way down, and speaking, don't want to go there. I have never been this bad before and I hope it passes soon. My notebook looks like a major mess :( and I have avoided talking unless I have to.

Thanks for responding,

black-in a major potshole-wolf :(

blavkwolf, this is becoming a major problem for me. typing is so hard, i have a million mistakes to fix and when i try to read out loud, i have all kinds of trouble. i know it's worse when i'm tired, but i am always exhausted. i find if i talk for very long, i become less and less aware of what i'm talking about. my hubby thinks i use up too much O2 when i'm talking, so i get foggy. i guess that makes sense. i used to be a great speller and could hang on to coherent thoughts, but those days are sure gone. just want you to know you're not alone. i get really short of breath too, for no real reason. i really hate that.....morgan

Usually when this happens to me and my "people" tell me!!!!! It is because I am falling into a pots hole. I need to take exra salt and H2O, AND have a snack. It almost is like a hypoglycemic attack of speech!!!!!!!!! Miriam :(

Thanks Morgan, Ernie and Miriam.

I have upped my fluids, salt and electrolytes, and have gone to really small snakes several times a day, just have to push to eat, and still seem to be "falling". I am hoping that things improve but... :(

I woudl like to get back or SSRI's but just can't handle the effects on my liver. :( And I'm just fed up with my $*!*# docs. :(

I'm going to crash as soon as my kid s do. Nite all, I'll check in tomarrow.

thanks again, all of you,

blackwolf

Interesting, I just had this coversation last night about how I was having problems getting words out, forgetting the names of common objects etc. This morning I was in total brain fog ... couldn't track my thoughts. That must sound strange.

All I know is that it happens like that sometimes. Folks with fibromialgia call it fibro-fog -- I wonder if we get pots-fog?

Good luck coming out of the miasma blackwolf. I'm turning in early tonight too.

EM

Guest tearose

Oh blackwolf, I hope you are doing okay...in spite of it all.

I know it is hard to believe, but you will get those skills back again! It may take a few weeks or a few months, but they can come back.

...I keep telling myself that...

I could fill a page with all my nonsense and mistakes and embarrassing moments lately! You are not alone. It scares me sometimes to think of what is going on!

In case you didn't know, I had a major setback in December. I am just starting to feel "normal" now. That is three months! And, now I gotta go and get a little surgery and I am dreading the backslide that will probably set me back again! Hey, my surgery is Wednesday so can I join you in the potshole when I get back?

For now, hunker down where you are and you know we are with you. Do you need anything in the posthole? I'll go shopping tomorrow and pack a bag for Wednesday.

Hang in there sister! tearose

:) Hi Blackwolf - I know how frustrated you feel - So many times I have the words in my brain and I can't get them out of my mouth correctly - The part of this syndrome that makes us lose our ability to say what we want and think straight and get our thoughts out correctly stinks - Even this sentence didn't come out straight,but you know what I mean - my cognitive thinking has really been affected by all of this POTS. Some days I find it harder than others to get my words and thoughts out correctly and the only thing encouraging I can say is, this could be worse-I hope you climb out of your POTS hole soon and try not to worry about what others around you think if you sound funny-maybe it is their hearing and not our funny ways of speaking :( Good night!Beth

I'm sorry blackwolf, but here we are talking about this and I saw my mistakes, then I saw that you eat small SNAKES all day. :o I'm sorry, but I had to giggle a little at that and wonder if that's not your problem. Small snacks might be better. :) please note in my last post I stated I went through and fixed my mistakes, but I wrote blavwolf or something like that, I can't even remember, talk about FOG :( morgan

Thanks all,

EM-I think I crashed for about 17 hours, not like me at all. Do you get sleepy when you get more confused, I seem to want to just sleep, though I try very hard to keep a regular shcedule. As to the "fog", I don't know if it's the POTS or the CFS/Fibro, mabey both at once, that's why it is so bad. ;)

Tearose-Thanks, I do feel better now, not so depressed anyway. I'll leave you lots of room down here for when you get back, if you need it that is. Hope everything goes ok for you and you don't.

Beth-I'm afraid that I might be here for a while as I'm getting a little worse in the chest pain/shortness of breath thing. But I intend to attend my Daughter's second grade musical tomorrow and will go no matter what. She is budding into quite a little artist, musically and drawing wise.

Morgan-Snakes vs. snacks, oh well, I'll eat the snack and just keep going on and on and on...As to mistakes, just ignor mine, you all seem to be able to read what I mean, thank goodnees. Sometimes I don't know what I mean, I'm glad someone does. :P

Of to supper-spanish rice.

Thanks again all of you out there, this hole is kinda deep but so so bad anymore.

Blackwolf

:(

Blackwolf, I have fibro and cfids too and know my fatigue level has been off the charts and the more tired I am, the foggier I am. Man there are days anymore, when I can't talk, let alone type or read or anything. Lately I have been taking 2-3 naps a day and still am in bed by 11 and don't get up till 8:30 or 9. My whole day is shot is waiting for my next nap. My doctor discussed sleep studies, but said, what would we do anyway, and he's right. But this is ridiculous :) Man I'm like "stick a fork in me, I'm done" most of the time anymore. The weird thing is, I'm usually better in the spring and summer, not worse. God forbid I should get a bit of a handle on my body and not have it mutate on me :blink: I think I echo when I talk, this canyon has gotten so deep....morgan hellooo hellooo hellooo......

That echo reached me not so long ago, I'ld visit but the walls between here and there .... mabey a conecting tunnel. :blink:

One more thing, I don't know how often you check, but the higher my sed rate is(regardless of the pian level, not so much since adding neurontin), the sleepier and more foggy I become. I was only made aware of this after a pain mgt. doc ran some sed rate tests over about 3 months(a blood draw every week).

I have the strangest sleeping patterns, I try so hard to sleep when I should but... I make the model vampire look like a human. I don't "wake up" till well into the evening and if I'm not carefull, like the last few nites, I'll go to sleep around 5am and sleep till 6-7pm. I'm slowly working back to the right hours(10:30pm-2am till about 7am-11:30am) depending on if my kids are home or not. Napping is the worst thing I could do, even setting an alarm might not wake me up and I can sleep away the day if I'm not careful.

thanks for being there,

blackwolf

I get this speech problem ALL the time. I basically have no control over what word order comes out, how crisp my words sound and I often get related words mixed up. I also have a huge problem remembering proper nouns, especially names. It gets worse with migraine auras. I also get a thing where I have trouble understanding language with my auras. It sounds like people are just babbling at me and I am amazed that I can communicate at all. I can't think of the words in advance and couldn't tell you what I just said, but usually people tell me I made sense when I ask about it later. Sometimes my boyfriend tells me I sounded crazy or off, but he has lived with me for 2 years and either knows me well enough to know when I am sounding 'off' or speaking with an impediment of some sort or maybe it is the other people don't want to seem rude. It is a frustrating symptom that upsets me more than most of the others because I am a grad student in material culture and I am taking 3 seminars and a lecture class and language skills are...well, important. I know the stuff but can't share my thoughts articulately, ugh.

Leah

Guest tearose

hi dear blackwolf!

I'm on the edge but fighting to stay above ground! I'm having a funky time keeping my balance! I guess the anesthesia is still working its way out of me...trust me, with this "wind" you and morgan would not welcome me in the potshole! :o

I hope to be baking soon and I will be honored to send some almond cookies down to you peeps! Need more snakes? I will dip them in chocolate and serve them to you with a raspberry sauce!

I have a big cozy chenille pillow I am sending down to you! Take care!

warm regards, tearose

UMMMM! chenille- one of my favs.

I got the electic blanket on too, chilly after an evening of shopping, way over did it, even with a cart. I'll have some tea after I'm done here.

As to snakes, I prefer large to extra large rattlers, deep fried of course. OK, OK, I know, I'm probably the only one here who does. :o

"Winds" are no trouble here, I make plenty of my own, just don't go down wind. :o

I would love the almond cookie recipe, if you have time, not till you are rested, thou, YOU HEAR ME! :)

best, and quickest, recovery,

blackwolf

Boy, am I dumb!!!!!

Not even out of one potshole and trying to make it deeper again. I went shopping with the whole family, it turned into a 4 1/2 hour trip with supper in the middle.

I was already worn out, then I decided to do "just a little pruning" out back, another hour of being up when I should be resting. And now I can barely wolk. My hubby and kids will have to make do for the rest of the day. I don't know how I'll make it thru church tomorrow and I have to go, the kids are singing. :) the are both so good, ok, I'm bias.

When will I ever learn!!! Gee, where did I here that before-oh yah, Nina.

blackwolf

Have the same thing here, thinking of what I want to say and what comes out are two different things. I can be holding a conversation, I look at something around and the next word that comes out is part of what I wanted to say and part of what I was looking at, make any sense, probably not and it's probably happening again..lol. Somedays the fog is so heavy in the head I don't even feel like I am speaking, it does worry me at times, then there are days when it is really clear.

I had gotten a little better, then worse again tonite.

Thanks, mom4cem, as sad as it is to say, I'm sssoooo glad not to be alone on this one. Just about everything is going wrong today and I'm all done in-or out, whatever.

Still slipping a little down, but not so bad- tons of physical stuff now also, trouble with walking and muscle spasms. NASTY muscle spasms- lots of ouch! :P:)

Hope everyone is doing ok-thanks for your support-even if you don't think you are!!

:lol: blackwolf