Interstitial Cystitis And Autonomic Dysfunction

Hi everyone,

Hope this finds you well.

For those of you who have Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome, here is a study showing autonomic dysfunction in patients with Interstitial Cystitis, thus linking Dysautonomia and Interstitial Cystitis together. Anyway, here is the link.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22907988.

Finally things are starting to come together.

Take care,

Kit

For whatever reason (I don't claim to totally understand), my Mast Cell Activation Syndrome doctor believes that the underlying cause of my multiple disorders, including POTS and IC among others, is mast cell disease. Apparently my mast cells degranulate without a necessary or normal reason, causing mediators to be released into my bloodstream. This, in turn, causes various parts of my body to malfunction. I do not totally understand this, but my doctor thinks that if you have several different systems malfunctioning, there is usually an underlying cause for all of them (unless you are extremely unlucky). In my case, he thinks the common mediator is malfunctioning mast cells due to genetic mutations.

Now, whether the genetic mutation is from birth, or acquired from the environment??????? I don't know.