Twitch in my eye

funnyfrog

:blink: Hi Everyone - I just have a quick question - For about the last week, I have had this annoying twitch in my right eye, mostly when I am blinking but sometimes when I am not. I am not under stress or anything like that so I know its not a nervous condition and I have been extra sleepy and fatigued for about a week now also - I have had POTS since March,2002 and also have Epstein Barre Virus but this twitch is new and I was just wondering if any of you get these involuntary twitches and is it because our autonomic nervous system is so screwy that all of a sudden this is starting now? Happy Easter to Everyone that is celebrating tomorrow!!!! Beth in NJ

Hi! :blink:

i get these weird twitches in my left eye too... I agree that they will drive you looney!!

Good luck to you

Linda

:):D Hi Earthmother - I just turned on the computer and read your post and you gave me my laugh for the day about feeling like a fish caught on a hook - glad that the POTS hasn't done anything to your great sense of humor!! :) I am going to go food shopping today with my husband and get some bananas-unfortunately, my stomach cannot handle orange juice though. Maybe I will look into the magnesium supplements too-Thanks for your advice and hope your lip twitching stops soon - you know,its get warm out and fishing season starts soon,watch out! :blink: Beth

Guest tearose

Hi Beth, yes, I get an eyelid twitch and it is so annoying! It will also happen on and off for a few days and then go away. I do notice it comes on when I have been unusually busy and I am very tired, from lack of sleep not fatigue.

I guess since it happens only 2-3 times a year I have been able to live with this annoyance. I hope you don't have this a lot.

best regards, tearose

Hello,

I too have the "twitches". I get them in my left eye. I once had it for 3 weeks and I just about went crazy. No one could see my eye twitch but I could feel it. I also get twitches all over my body. They don't hurt and actually I am used to them. I don't know what they are but I know when I am tired or I have put too much stress on my body they become more frequent. They are weird but I guess it is part of POTS. I remember going to different doctors telling them that I have body twitches they thought I was strange. The only time they paid attention was when they thought I had MS. Well, it turned out to be POTS.

Christine

Hi Christine & Everyone that answered me today - I am so glad that I am not alone in these weird twitches, it sounds nutty if you don't have POTS so I'm glad you all didn't think I was a total nutcase for asking my question - The twitch today wasn't as bad as yesterday or the rest of this week was,although it is still here - I was afraid to mention it to my doctor, he probably thinks I am nutty already anyway :P - I'm sorry though that you have these twitches too though.. I can't fall asleep, like usual, I am wired in the middle of the night and exhausted all day so here I am on the computer. Good night everyone :lol::lol: Beth

I have periods (months, weeks, days, etc.) where I twitch in various places. I get them in my abdomen, feet, legs, eyes, arms ... and I also have certain days here and there where I have a hand tremor that looks just like a Parkinson's tremor (but isn't).

I agree that the autonomic overactivity does some crazy stuff to stimulate nerves.

Amy

The timing of your post is amazing because in the last month my right eye has started this twitching and driving me crazy! I wondered whether it might have something to do with all the allergies in the air but I guess maybe it falls in the POTS bucket....like all the other weird things. Glad to know that no one else has found this to be something more serious.

:P Hi Everyone- Can you believe all the twitches we get?Thanks for the replies!!! I didn't realize that this was such an annoying problem for so many of us - Either its a real big coincidence or our autonomic systems are on overdrive and this is just a new POTS symptom for me that I guess I will have to learn to live with - the twitching has gotten a lot better in the past 2 days and thankfully, is almost gone for now :blink: I'm glad too that nobodies twitches have been found to be anything serious - Thanks Joyce,Ernie and Geneva for answering me today, I appreciate it!! Beth