Are You A Slow Walker?

roxie

I've noticed that when I walk it's significantly slower than everyone else. Whenever I have an appointment every walking down the hall is way ahead of me and always turns around to look at me. Anyone else?

I always think in my head "I'm standing and walking what more do you expect?"

Definitely! The funny thing is that it usually seems like I'm really truckin' it until I come back to reality and see everyone else zooming by me. I usually tell people that I'm not in any hurry and they should stop and smell the roses themselves sometime lol. Only if they say something to me first though, of course.

I am with everyone else. I am always lagging behind, but I am thankful I am able to walk. lol I do stop and smell the flowers and enjoy things in life since being diagnosed. I don't take anything for granted and live in the moment. Hugs to all of you here for sharing and getting me through each day.

My son is a very slow walker. A couple of weeks ago, he was able to walk on the slowest speed on the treadmill but this week it has been impossible. I'm wondering if this has to do with fatigue and stress issues. He just started school this week.

This is interesting to me, as I actually walk a bit quicker now than I did before I was ill. It's because I feel so unsteady on my feet, that moving a bit quicker creates a bit of momentum that I feel more in control of. I think it's similar to when I'm going along in a car I feel better than if the car is stationary. Maybe it's because subconsciously I put the unsteady feeling down to the momentum then instead of it being me, so it somehow feels better. Is anyone else like this, or am I a freak? :lol:

The problem that I have is if someone stops me when I'm walking, as the unsteadiness increases dramatically then. I can only walk very short distances, but definitely find it easier to go quicker than slowe.

YES, usually unless im having a good day and i can walk at a reasonable pace.

But most often walking any distance is an intimidating thing. LIke going to the mall, im afraid

to get too far from the car and im always careful. When i do walks i never get more than maybe half a mile from the car.

I also walk uphill or even while leaning on a bike so that i can coast back down if i run into trouble.

With POTS they call this an "uneven gait" a lot of times. I would bet there are almost no people who walk the same with pOTS due to energy, breathing, tachy, vertigo or pain problems.