Has Midodrine Made A Difference To Your Health?

AmberK

Have you had any improvement from Midodrine?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was pretty much bed, couch and chair bound without Midodrine. It was the miracle drug for me. Once on it, I was able to walk again and have some normalcy in my life. I returned to work full time. I have the side effects from it, but the benefits of having some life again out weight the side effects. My dose has increased of the past year and a half being on it. I take 10mg 3xday with a 4th dose when I am out late in the evening. When it wears off, I am basically symptomatic. Unforunately for me, I can not stop or wean off of it. It is what keeps me going. I know some haven't been so lucky to have success with it, but for me it was a life saver. Good luck :)

At first, my husband and I could not tell that it was making much of a difference with our son. His blood pressure would fall out with just the slightest amount of activity. When the dosage was doubled, his blood pressure was more constant and did not fall out as much. He takes 40mg three times a day.

Just started about 10 days ago. It's making a huge difference but the scalp tingling is definitely there. It feels like I'm always just about to get the shivers on my scalp, especially if I touch it. I also have constant goosebumps ... It's worth the side effects thus far, but I think I could benefit from 3 xday vs 2, I can feel it wearing off by the afternoon.

Also, after about 6 weeks on this drug and having a good run my BP spontaneously decided to stabilize...now that weekend was a little crazy. Which entailed me taking my Friday 2pm dose and having a BP spike for about 2 days (140/90 which is a spike from 85/45). My BP usually runs around 120/75 these days....in the early morning it's 105/58ish...not terribly low and increases with some water and by the time I brush my teeth. So I no longer need to use midodrine. Funny thing is that it was easier when my BP was consistently low as the Midodrine was a consistent fix. But as with POTs it keeps moving thru your system and constantly keeps us moving with new or changing symptoms.

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. Well I took my first dose today, and even though I'd been told about it, the scalp tingling was a bit of a surprise! I expected a mild sensation, but it was crazy! lol. In a strange way, I enjoyed it once I decided to view it as a new age massage! ;)

No major difference in symptoms yet, but I did definitely notice a slight improvement. I had a bad spell about two hours into it, which passed much quicker than usual. Other than that, I just felt a little less foggy for the morning, which although didn't rid me of my symptoms, was very welcome especially as I'm only on 5mg at the moment so it makes me wonder how much more of an improvement I could get when the dose is upped! :)

I voted that 'my symptoms worsened'..that is when I upped my dose. It caused my blood pressure to spike (like 170/145 kind of spike) and it happened often. So I lowered the dose and I was on it for at least 6 months, probably longer - and it didn't effect me at all, so I just stopped taking it.