THANK YOU ALL!

tammyokc

Hi all,

Thank you to Steph37822, Merrill, Runnergirl, DancingLight, Blackwolf, Emily, James, Mighty Mouse, Richland, etc? (and I haven?t even talked to most of you!) Also thank you to those that I just can?t remember your usernames at the moment (brain fog!!), I?ve read so many posts I?m more dizzy than usual. :blink:

I am reading a lot of old posts today regarding anxiety, adrenaline, and insomnia. I am new to the site, not new to sickness!! I have been sick for years and the last 2.5 years have been unbearable. I white-knuckled work for so long and now I am on leave and afraid I won't be able to return. I finally after 3 years of exhausted searching (sound familiar!), have found out I have POTS.

Your posts sound so much like me especially the ones about not sleeping and having so much anxiety and adrenaline. It seems you have become such good friends with those on this site and I am in hopes of that too. I just hate posting everyday about how CRAZY I feel right now, so I've been asking simple questions. Wish I could have joined when my upbeat, fun personality was still in intact. :D

Anyway, your posts have been most inspiring to me and I wanted to let you all know that! Thanks again for being uplifting even in the toughest of moments. I?m trying to stay that way, never felt so close to a nervous break down in my life and it?s scary!!!

God bless you all. tammy

Tammy, How sweet of you to take the time to share your thoughts on the board...I'm glad that the past posts you've read have helped you feel inspired. I suppose that is the purpose of this board's existence, other than the sharing of factual information. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without this place--I may not post every single day, but I do visit it that often. The few times I've not been able to do so, I've really missed it.

We're glad to have your here and hope you continue to find support here :blink: Nina

• 3 weeks later...

aww tammy you forgot about carl! :o

it feels nice to know you are not alone out in the world? you will find in life you meet peope in the strangest of places. some come and some go, but once you find a common bond like pots the friendships can last a life time. good luck tammy.

reid

:o Hey Tammy - What about me-You forgot Funnyfrog too, I'm so insulted- ribbit, ribbit - only kidding!!!!!!!! :P:D - Welcome to the forum. As you can see, I am a POTS insomniac up at this late hour, but I just wanted to send happy thoughts your way and I hope you start to feel a little better soon and get some of your funny personality back that you said you had before getting sick. I love your Elmo picture/avatar - I wish I could find a Kermit the Frog one like that !!!!!!!!! Have a good night!! Beth

Hi Tammy,

like carl said: you'll meet people in the strangest of places, like in The Netherlands :) .

I'm sure that your fun personality will come back, but you need to take the time to give every terrible POTS-thing a place in your life.

You found the right place to be. We have a lot of serious "conversations" but make fun as well!!!

So, best wishes from one of "the strangest of places" :P

Corina